- East-side northerns. Ryan, W. // Outdoor Life;Jan89, Vol. 183 Issue 1, p98
Discusses the best spots in Massachusetts' for ice angling northern pike. Bait; Timing; Water depth; License information.
- Slabs on ice. Fegely, T. // Outdoor Life;Jan89, Vol. 183 Issue 1, p93
Discusses lakes in Pennsylvania which offer the best ice fishing for crappies. INSET: Crappie overview..
- From garden ice. Wilson, R. // Outdoor Life;Jan89, Vol. 183 Issue 1, p96
Discusses New Jersey's ice fishing season. Several top fishing spots throughout the state.
- Icefisherman's sled. Abelson, P.; Butler, M. // Outdoor Life;Nov89, Vol. 184 Issue 5, p66
Offers instructions for building an icefishing organizer which, supported by a pair of skis, will glide gear across frozen lakes in style.
- Ice-pick pike. Cochran, R. // Outdoor Life;Jan91, Vol. 187 Issue 1, p84
Recounts the day the author spent icefishing with two of New York state's top pike specialists, Ed Rouse and Mike Keller. Talks about their fishing techniques and the waters they like best.
- World-class medals for USA at icefishing championship. // Outdoor Life;Jun92, Vol. 189 Issue 6, p20
States that Team USA brought home a silver medal from the 1992 World Icefishing Championships, held in Ontario, Canada last February. This was the best finish ever for an American team in world fishing competition.
- Holiday on ice. Dennis, Jerry // Outdoor Life;Dec95, Vol. 196 Issue 6, p68
Looks at a family's christmas holiday which was spent icefishing. Description of holiday.
- Hardwater basics. Sparano, Vin T. // Outdoor Life;Jan97, Vol. 199 Issue 1, p83
Presents steps and lessons in ice fishing. Distinction between the tip-ups and jigging methods; Styles of tip-ups and jigging rods; Jigging rods which come with reels on wire hooks; Jigging by swinging the rod in an up and down motion; Use of ice augers; Safety tips.
- It's 10 below, and the ice is 3 feet thick, so let's go fishing. Klinkenborg, Verlyn; Wood, Ted // Smithsonian;Dec96, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p54
Focuses on ice fishing on Minnesota's Mille Lacs Lake. The extraordinary conditions in February 1996 which prevented ice fishing; The ice houses which the fishermen use; Comments from those who enjoy the sport; The annual Ice Fishing Extravaganza on Gull Lake; The walleye as the fish being sought.
- Drop a line. Cohen, J. // Women's Sports & Fitness;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p66
Presents a personal account on the enjoyment of ice fishing. Details.