THE LAKE GEORGE BATTLEFIELD PARK: LOOKING TO THE FUTURE THROUGH THE PAST
- Little Vest Pocket Park. Wareham, Alice // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/14/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 89, p1
The article offers information on the history of Vest Pocket Park in Saranac Lake, New York.
- Vistas, visions, and visitors creating the myth of Yellowstone National Park, 1872-1915. Rast, Raymond W. // Journal of the West;Apr98, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p80
Focuses on the origin surrounding the myth of Yellowstone National Park in the United States, while highlighting the history of the American West. Who started the myths associated with Yellowstone; Information on three themes which gained prominence in the promotional rhetoric of Yellowstone;...
- How to Use This Book. // Hiking Indiana;2000, pvi
The article discusses various topics published within the issue including one on a description of a park's history and another on trail finder.
- Key concepts and research topics in landscape ecology revisited: 30 years after the Allerton Park workshop. Wu, Jianguo // Landscape Ecology;Jan2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p1
This year marks the 30th anniversary of a momentous meeting in the history of landscape ecology-the Landscape Ecology Workshop held in Allerton Park, Illinois, USA in 1983. On this special occasion, I am inspired to make some observations and comments on the state-of-the-science of landscape...
- Old Fashioned FUN. Kelley, S. Allyn // Boys' Quest;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p34
The article traces the history of amusement parks.
- The birth of Yellowstone. Moran, Thomas // International Wildlife;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p50
Features a photograph of Yellowtone Park and examines the impact which it had on the United States Congress' decision regarding its establishment as a national park in 1872. Purchase of the park's Grand Canyon by Congress.
- SIDE LIGHTS. // Current Events;5/5/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 25, p2
Cites historical information on amusement rides and theme parks. Tracing of the origins of the roller coaster to Saint Petersburg, Russia in the 15th century; Opening of the first roller coaster in the United States at Coney Island in Brooklyn, New York in June 1884; Opening of Disneyland, the...
- Yellowstone National Park's Albright Center Getting Upgrades. // National Parks Traveler;10/3/2013, p1
The article discusses the upgradations of Albright Visitor Center in Yellowstone National Park, U.S. Topics discussed include earthquakes are the common events in the Yellowstone National Park, the upgradation would involve seismic retrofit of the existing historic stone building addressing...
- Before the casino: James G. Scrugham, state parks, and Nevada's quest for tourism. Cox, Thomas R. // Western Historical Quarterly;Aug93, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p332
Examines former Nevada Governor James G. Scrugham's quest for the inauguration of a park system in the state aimed at boosting tourism. Opposition met by Scrugham regarding his proposal; Implications of the proposition; Challenges faced by Scrugham upon assumption of the governorship; Economic...