Design Femmes noires
- Professional women spotlighted at awards. // Las Vegas Business Press;07/05/99, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p9
Announces the Professional Black Women's Alliance' 14th Rose Awards banquet in July 10, 1999 at the Alexis Park Resort in Nevada.
- One Hundred Black Women highlights inspirational leaders at general meeting. // New York Amsterdam News;08/24/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 34, p9
Reports on the September 30, 2000 meeting of the New York City-based Afro-American women's group, New York Coalition of 100 Black Women.
- Boosting Black Women in Corporate America. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;8/15/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p9
The article presents information regarding the leadership development and representation African-American women executives in business enterprises in America.
- Southern California Black women: Secret success story. // New York Amsterdam News;02/26/98, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p52
Deals with the increased opportunities for African-American women in Southern California. Percentage increase in black women representation in managerial and professional occupations from 1970 to 1998; Account on black women in social work; Reasons behind the growth of opportunities for black...
- BLACK WOMEN OF THE FUTURE. // BLACFAX;Summer2003, Vol. 11 Issue 43, p19
This article presents information on a large number of Black women who the author thought thirty years hence since 2004, at the height of their career game, at corporate levels, as entrepreneurs, college professors, pediatricians, pharmacists, and in other professional pursuits will have first...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. MOORE, CLARA J.; DANCE, KAREN M.; REED, WILLIE MAE; GRANT, LAUREEN; GRAHAM, ALBERTA; JONES, OLIVA; CHALK, CHERYL; BUTTS, JUNE DOBBS; LINDELAD, STARLET R.; FLORENCE, DOROTHY M.; BAIN, DAVID; ROSLOFF, BLANCHE; WYCHE, ANNETTE; HAIRSTON, DENISE M.; HOPKINS, LORENE; DOLPHY, CARMIN W.; WILSON, LAVERGNE E.; QUALLS, CARLA; SMITH JR., ANDREW C.; BEMBERY, SHARON A. // Ebony;Oct1982, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "The Black Woman of the '80s" in August 1982 issue, "Black Women/White Men: The Other Mixed Marriage" in the August 1982 issue and "Shaper of Young Minds" also in the August 1982 issue.
- Intergenerational and community responsibility: Race uplift work in the retirement activities of professional African American women. Slevin, Kathleen F. // Journal of Aging Studies;Sep2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p309
Abstract: Drawing on quantitative and qualitative data with an overall sample of 50 retired African American professional women, this article examines their unpaid community work on behalf of disadvantaged Blacks. Using both feminist and life course perspectives, the article demonstrates how...
- Sex and the new black woman: myths and realities. Norment, Lynn // Ebony;Mar1998, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p104
Offers a look at misconceptions pertaining to the sexuality of black women of the twenty-first century and presents the realities to disprove the myths. Ideal mates of most black women; Attitude of women towards sexual intercourse; Views of women towards marriage; Statistics on interracial...
- Superwomen. Randolph, Laura B. // Ebony;Apr1998, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p60
Profiles several African-American career women. Bonnie St. John Deanne; Anita Josey-Herring; Valerie Ferguson; How they balance family and work; Advice given by the women on handling professional and personal conflicts.