GOING HIGH-TECH POSES DILEMMA: REMOTE MACHINE ACCESS
- Vending for dollars. // Beverage Industry;May97, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p49
Focuses on the findings of the Beverages Industry's 1997 annual vending survey regarding the importance of having technological advancements for vending machines. Explanation on the importance of machines; Information about the respondents of the survey; Growth percentage of the various...
- Internet-based vending. Wilson, Jim; Brill, Louis M. // Popular Mechanics;Feb97, Vol. 174 Issue 2, p29
Proposes Public Internet Kiosks (PIK), a vending machine for booking hotel, rent of a car, and others. How PIK is used; Convenience of the vending machine; Plans of vending industries.
- Internet vending machines. // Machine Design;07/10/97, Vol. 69 Issue 13, p228
Presents information about vending machines introduced by American CyberStations in Virginia called CyberStations. Where the terminals would be located; Description of the CyberStations.
- Venditalia and Tuttofood. // Vending International;Jun2015, p14
The article offers information on the Venditalia 2015 Special Edition wherein several innovative projects were presented and shows that the vending machine is no longer just a tool for the delivery of a product, but a piece of interactive technology that is capable of use in multiple channels.
- Old-turned-new. Melton, Marissa // U.S. News & World Report;01/26/98, Vol. 124 Issue 3, p14
Considers how cigarette vending machines are being changed to sell works of art. The Art*o*Mat dispensers having been retooled from vending machines by Clark Whittington of Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- Advanced Vending. Sila, Stacey // Global Telephony;Oct2001, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p10
Reports the Cmode service linking computer-equipped Coca-Cola vending machine to i-mode Internet-enabling system. Accumulation of user points in exchange of services; Instructions in using the Cmode; Date and place of the 17-week experiment.
- CASH OUT? Cioletti, Jeff // Beverage World;2/15/2003, Vol. 122 Issue 2, p47
Discusses issues on the cashless beverage vending machine technology. Comments from Larry Eils, senior director of the technical services at the National Automatic Merchandising Association on vending machines; Dominance of the buy now, pay later credit creed in the cashless market; Details on...
- The e-volution of wireless vending. Cherkassky, Irene // Beverage World;02/15/2000, Vol. 119 Issue 1687, p55
Focuses on high-technology upgrades for vending machines. Growth of the vending segment in the beverage industry; Automated monitoring systems for vending machines; Wireless components of vending machines; Obstacles in convincing vending operators to adopt the high-technology upgrades.
- An Automat for the 21st century. Hallett, Vicky // U.S. News & World Report;9/9/2002, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p71
Focuses on Shop 2000, a refrigerated convenience container that dispenses eggs, umbrellas and other items. Testing of the vending machine on the sidewalk in Washington, D.C.; Problems with clerk-free shopping; Mention of Automated Distribution Technologies and other locations where the...