ONLINE ORDERING AND MORE: DESIGNING A WEB SITE
- Hail to the Chef? // Food Management;May2013, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p12
The article offers information on a special state dinner event organized at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst for graduating seniors with meal plans featured Roland Mesnier, former pastry chef of the U.S. White House Office in Washington, D.C.
- Best Renovation: The Blue Wall. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;8/23/2015, p1
The article focuses on a renovation of the Blue Hall dining facility located at the Lincoln D. Murray Campus Center, University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
- BOOSTING SALES, CHECK AVERAGES: College foodcourts add Tyson's Sunset Strips. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the two United States universities that opened Tyson's Sunset Strips food service units in cash operations. University of Massachusetts in Amherst; University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.
- Ken Toong: Unbridled Enthusiasm. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;5/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p42
The article offers a brief profile of Ken Toong, the director of Auxiliary Enterprises at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, Massachusetts, who won the 2013 Silver Plate award.
- Students flock to Berkshire. // FoodService Director;12/15/206, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the reopening of the Berkshire Dining Commons at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst. Since the 800-seat dining commons reopened after a $13-million renovation, as many as 6,600 students have been flocking to the reimaged servery. In 25,000 square feet, the dining...
- UMass-Amherst Hosts 15th Annual Culinary Conference. // Food Management;Jul2009, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p10
Information about several activities performed in the World Chef Culinary Conference held at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst campus on June 14-19, 2009 on higher education foodservice is presented. Activities include local farm tours, culinary lectures, and culinary competition. The...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/07/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p24
Presents news items related to food service in the United States as of May 7, 2001. Revision of standards to maintain the safety of beef in school cafeterias; Extension of the management contract of Aramark at the Las Vegas Convention Center; Success of the food testing event at the University...
- Third-party Certification Improves Healthy Option Consumption at U Mass. // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the aid of third-party certification in improving the healthy option consumption at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, wherein the university has partnered with Sanitas Per Escam (SPE) Certified.
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p8
Presents news briefs on the food service industry in the U.S. as of August 15, 2002. Installation of the Cbord Odyssey cashless point-of-sale system at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics; Participation of students at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst in a National Nutrition...