GIVING HMR A BOOST: PORTABLE PACKAGING
- Ohio employer taking wellness to heart. kazel, Robert // Business Insurance;4/08/96, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p9
Reports that Columbus Public Schools is sending out programming on heart attack risk reduction to its 8,000 employees over an educational channel on cable television. Donations received; Employees rewarded for healthy behavior; Employers' progress in delivering information in classes and...
- Columbus Schools to Self-Operate Foodservices. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;5/21/2012, p2
The article reports that Columbus City Schools in Ohio has decided to bring their food service operations in-house after food services company Sodexo withdrew its yearly contract.
- Business intelligence is making schools smarter. Lamont, Judith // KM World;May2010, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p9
The article reports on the innovative partnership between Nationwide Insurance and Information Builders Inc. to use its business intelligence (BI) solution WebFocus to help Columbus City Schools monitor the academic progress of students in Ohio. The WebFocus monitors the progress of 53,000...
- Untitled. // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p16
The article reports that the foodservice program of Columbus City Schools in Ohio has lost $1.75 million in 2012, with $300,000 from uncollected debt from students.
- TRANSPORTATION. SAMUELS, CHRISTINA A. // Education Week;2/6/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 20, pS10
A profile is presented on Steve A. Simmons III, the Director of Transportation for Columbus Public Schools in Ohio and the president of the Ohio Association for Pupil Transportation, which discusses his restructuring of the district's bus routes and his management of its transportation budget.
- School Ties: Gay-Straight Alliances Help LGBT Youth. Cline, Catie // Outlook: Columbus;Oct2013, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p10
The article focuses on the role of gay-straight alliances (GSA) in schools in Ohio in helping LGBT students. National Association of GSA Network argues that schools with GSA results to lower report from LGBT students of bullying. According to Kaleidoscope Youth Center of Columbus City Schools...
- Bento boxes shape up as anything but square. Parseghian, Pamela // Nation's Restaurant News;09/28/98, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p35
Focuses on the use of bento boxes in the food service industry in the United States. Reasons behind the increasing popularity of bento boxes within the industry; Availability of bento cookeries; Overview on menu entries contained within the compartmentalized boxes.
- PACKAGING WISELY. // BioCycle;Jun2010, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p12
The article focuses on the requirement of food service businesses to look for packaging alternatives to discard food service containers starting July 1, 2010 as demanded by the City of Seattle in Washington, D.C.
- A-ha! Westra, Abbie // Fare Magazine;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p12
The article lists great ideas from various segments of the U.S. foodservice and retail industries which includes clever use for leftover rotisserie chickens, Quick Response (QR) codes for food traceability, and gas-flushed, breathable produce packaging.