IT KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE UP TO: Central monitoring keeps tabs on carts
- Technology keeps food costs on diet. Snow, Charlotte // Modern Healthcare;10/9/95, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p92
Features the self-directed automated machine (SAM), a cordless programmable robotic courier used at Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio. Functions and features of SAM; Robotics as one of the innovative approaches being taken by the hospital food-service departments.
- PRODUCT INNOVATIONS. // FoodService Director;6/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p41
The article evaluates the DualTemp 120 cart from Ã€ la Cart.
- PRODUCT INNOVATIONS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p41
The article evaluates the DualTemp 120 carts from Ã€ la Cart Inc.
- What's cooking. Fryett, Douglas K. // Materials Management in Health Care;Feb99, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p34
Examines key considerations when purchasing cooking equipment for hospital food service departments. Range of full-service equipment; Equipment for streamlined food service departments; Functions and features.
- IN LEWES, DEL.: Medical ctr.'s menu expands with new foodservice equip. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the expansion of the Sunshine Cafe at Beebe Medical Center in Lewes, Delaware with the addition of food service equipment supporting popular foods. Details on the overhaul of the cafe; Daily sales of the cafe; Sales per day at Captain's Crew; Dishes offered at the Captain's Crew.
- Video Killed the Cash Bottleneck. Buzalka, Michael // Food Management;Jun2006, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p38
The article reports on the cash management and digital video recorder surveillance system installed at Moore Regional Hospital in Pinehurst, North Carolina to address the increase of labor costs in handling cash from the cafeteria. The equipment not only addressed the labor problem but also...
- SMH Auxiliary purchases new equipment for hospital kitchen. // Breckenridge American;9/27/2008, p5A
The article reports on the purchase of new equipment by the Stephens Memorial Hospital Auxiliary for the hospital kitchen in Breckenridge, Texas. They include a steam table, convection oven, commercial stove and a food processor. According to kitchen supervisor Cathy Owens, the equipment...
- FOODSERVICE GETS ITS TURN: Ohio hosp. eyes robotics to pave way for central retherm. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p34
Deals with the Automated Transport System (ATS) of the food service department of Ohio State University Medical Center in Columbus, which will be launched in 2004. Capabilities expected from the ATS system; Benefits of the ATS system when it becomes operational.
- 3 case histories show the way: Making the switch to cook-chill prep. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p152
Describes changes at the University of Virginia Medical Center's food service operation after the installation of cook-chill equipment. Challenges presented by retherming traditional dishes without losing all the moisture; Reduction of waste; Ease in the monitoring of portion control.