CHARTWELL'S TERRA VE: Contractor keeps pace with fast-moving vegetarian trend
- Chartwells opens marketplace cafe at Northeastern U residence hall. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/25/99, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p21
Reports the opening of Stetson East Marketplace cafeteria by Chartwells in the Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. Implications of the facility and service for students, faculty and staff; Introduction of the Profiler Plan allowing pre-purchase of meals; Award garnered by the...
- CHARTWELL'S/COMPASS GROUP. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/07/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p108
Focuses on the selection of Chartwells Educational Dining Services in the best on-site menu category of the 2001 MenuMasters Award. Development of vegetarian dishes for school cafeterias in the United States; Flexibility of the menus to address the students' needs; Evaluation of the feedback on...
- Chartwells Teams With Chain: Harlon's BBQ now on campus. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p26
Announces Chartwells Educational Dining Services' introduction of the Harlon's Barbecue concept to the University of Houston in Texas. Comment from Steve Sweeney, president of Chartwells.
- Chartwells School Dining Services. KRAMER, LOUISE // Nation's Restaurant News;5/7/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p62
The article features the Balanced Choices program of Chartwells School Dining Services, a division of Compass Group headquartered in Rye Brook, New York. According to the article, the school has a mission to help schools serve students healthful, balanced meals in an effort to address childhood...
- Unlucky Charms at Lunch. Mcginn, Daniel; Popescu, Roxana // Newsweek;10/22/2007, Vol. 150 Issue 17, p15
The article reports on the appearance of sugar-loaded cereals in U.S. public school student cafeterias. Lunch catering companies such as Chartwells School Dining Services, which serve Lucky Charms, Rice Krispies, and Raisin Bran, insist the cereals are nutritious and vitamin-fortified. Critics,...
- Breakfast Basics. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p50
This article offers a look at the breakfast program of U.S. schools. Food manufacturers have been very creative, Penny McConnell of Fairfax County Public Schools finds, in providing several varieties of breakfast in a box which fit the bill in providing quick service without on-site-labor....
- Directory of Food Service Firms. // School Administrator;Sep2004, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p37
Presents information on food service companies that cater to schools in the U.S. Chartwells School Dining Services; Aramark School Support Services; Sodexho School Services.
- Chartwells, Morrison Launch Dietetic Internship Program. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;4/27/2012, p5
The article reports that Chartwells School Dining Services and Morrison Management Specialists have collaborated on a nationwide distance-learning dietetic internship program. The internship aims to prepare participants to become registered dietitians in schools after securing a Bachelor's...
- Chartwells. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p94
Focuses on the performance of Chartwells, the education foodservice division of Compass Group North America. Completion of metamorphosis from acquired businesses to a cohesive unit; Mission to become an integral part of the campus community; Guidance of president Steven M. Sweeney.