- Chicago school dist. awards breakfast prepack program. // FoodService Director;04/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p1
Reports that the breakfast prepack program has been awarded by Chicago Public Schools (CPS) to Preferred Meal Systems. Number of prepack schools the service was offered to on March 1, 1998; Comments from food service director, Sue Susanke; Amount of money in cash sales which CPS generates.
- Pre-plate meal contractor launches breakfast promo. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p8
Announces Rolling Meadows, Illinois-based Preferred Meal Systems' plan to launch a breakfast promotion tied to a nutrition awareness campaign at Chicago Public Schools. Goal of the promotion; Sponsors of the promotion; Promotional highlights.
- Revolutionizing How Breakfast Is Served to Students. SANDERSON, MIEKA // Principal Leadership;Sep2015, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p12
The article discusses the importance of serving breakfast to high school students, its effect on their academic success and suggests three breakfast service models. It is noted that breakfast provides the nutrients for students' minds and bodies. Due to time constraints, it advises that it is...
- K-12 Breakfasts Up. // Food Management;Mar2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the popularity acceleration of School Breakfast Program in the U.S. since its establishment in 1991.
- In-school breakfast program growing with the help from USDA. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/28/97, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p16
Focuses on Portland Public Schools' doubling of its participation in its breakfast plan as a result of a US Department of Agriculture program. Features of the schools' program; Average number of students that ate breakfast in school; Comment by Robert L. Honson, director of foodservice for the...
- Experimental program serves up breakfast for all students. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;1/11/95, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the pilot program run by the state of Minnesota to provide free breakfasts to all students. Sponsor of the program; Supplementation of federal funding; Success of the program.
- School counts many benefits of serving breakfast. // Curriculum Review;May92, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the benefits of schools serving breakfast. Results of serving breakfast at the Gibbon, Nebraska Public Schools; How the working parents and students who come to school early view the morning meal; How the breakfast offerings started in Nebraska Public School; Food service director's...
- Federal Breakfast Program Feeds Record Numbers. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;11/22/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p5
Reports that more schools in the United States are participating in the federal school breakfast program. Concerns expressed by the Food Research and Action Center in the report 'The School Breakfast Scorecard: 2000'; Estimated number of children at risk for hunger not being reached; Failure of...
- Free breakfasts at Wichita dist. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p28
Reports that the free breakfast test launched at Wichita Public Schools in Kansas is being evaluated to determine the feasibility of increasing breakfast participation through regular promotions. Benefits of the test.