BEYOND 'PUNCH AND COOKIES': CCRC catering evolves into upscale, valuable business
- FOR CLUBS, SPECIAL CELEBRATIONS: Indiana retirement home offers new onsite options. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p96
Enumerates the amenities offered by the retirement home at Westminster Village in Muncie, Indiana. Features of the private-pay facility; Information on the catering services for various club celebrations; Catering guidelines; Challenges in staffing.
- THE SEARCH FOR NEW MOUTHS TO FEED. Romeo, Peter // Nation's Restaurant News;5/21/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p76
The article reports on how Michigan restaurateur Matt Prentice is turning business adversities into opportunities. Prentice closed two of its locations in 2006 following the car industry's downturns and was able to spot an opportunity in the health system food service following his daughter's...
- Good food and good neighbors. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/11/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p16
The author provides information on the community garden opened by the residents of Beacon Hill at Eastgate, Grand Rapids, Michigan where they get their fresh herbs and vegetables for the Beacon Hill kitchen. According to spokesman Scott Kearny, the basic concept behind the plans of executive...
- THE LIST. // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/17/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p10
Lists companies that are in the business of catering in Fairfield County, Connecticut as of February 2003. Company executives; Top three events catered in 2002; Company specialties.
- Dial-a-diet. Sims, S.M. // Harper's Bazaar;Jul91, Issue 3355, p75
Observes the growing popularity of firms that deliver low-calorie, low-fat, haute cuisine meals. Sample offerings of Fresh 'N Fit, and Deliteful Daily Diet Deliveries; Price Ranges.
- Taste sensation. Micucci, D. // Harper's Bazaar;Aug91, Issue 3356, p148
No abstract available.
- Caterers steamed over speedway fee. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/17/94, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p1A
Reports on the reaction of caterers over the rule requiring them to pay fees for the right to operate at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Required fines; Arguments against the rule; Caterers' claim of excessive fee imposition; Accusation that the scheme favors Jug's Catering Inc. and Carefree...
- The rise and rise of contractors. Baker, Jane // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;Apr2003 Supplement, Vol. 192 Issue 4267, p31
Focuses on the growth of the contract catering sector in Great Britain. Market value of the sector; Number of employees in the sector; Number of contract caterers in the country; Major contract caterers in the country; Changes in the sector during the 1980s. INSETS: THE MAJOR PLAYERS IN THE...
- CATERING FACILITIES. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2008 Supplement, Vol. 54 Issue 68, p144
The article lists catering facilities ranked by number of banquet area square feet in the New York including Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Nautical Cruise Lines and Dave & Buster's.