MEAT, CANNED FOODS FUEL JUMP: January prices move up 3.84%
- Chicken, Beef and Cheese Prices Expected to Fall. // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p64
Reports changes in the prices of food commodities in the United States. Absence of changes in the prices for tomatoes and lettuce; Downward turn of the prices for chicken breast, ground beef and cheddar cheese; Predicted price of salmon supplies after September 2000.
- The Transmission of Trends in Retail Food and Farm Prices. REED, ALBERT J.; CLARK, J. STEPHEN // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec1998, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p1139
Examines the transmission of trends in retail food and farm prices. Stochastic trends and empirical food price analysis; Results; Conclusions.
- Drought conditions could lead to popping corn prices. Barone, John // Nation's Restaurant News;06/05/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p24
Reports on food prices in the United States as of June 5, 2000. Prices of beef, coffee, dairy products, oil, pork and poultry; Expected high prices for corn due to the drought; Increased demand for wheat; Impact of corn prices on other food prices.
- Untitled. // Farmers Weekly;5/30/2008, p62
The article offers information on farmgate prices and agricultural commodity prices in Great Britain. Farmgate prices are higher than they were 20 years ago, but retail food prices have risen much further. Farmers only get a relatively small share of the retail price. The cost of food to...
- Vegetable prices up 5 percent in 2013. // Delta Farm Press;5/9/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 19, p14
The article presents agricultural statistics related to U.S. grocery store food prices in 2013 according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Economic Research Service, with topics including an increase in vegetable prices, food-at-home price inflation, and increases in poultry prices.
- Maintaining Local Food. Sparks, Brian D. // American Fruit Grower;May2008, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p50
The author comments on the movement toward increased purchase and consumption of locally grown food in the U.S. Tips for boosting sales are offered. Programs being put in place that supports the movement are discussed. Factors detrimental to local food sales are identified. The roles of state...
- Wilma's Impact Could Affect Retail Produce Prices. Gallagher, Julie // SN: Supermarket News;10/31/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 44, p41
This article focuses on the impact of the damages caused by Hurricane Wilma on retail farm produce prices in the U.S. Though producers had not yet determined the full extent of hurricane-related losses, one early estimate showed citrus groves in Wilma's path suffered a loss of 15 percent of...
- Going Organic. Byczynski, Lynn // Mother Earth News;Aug/Sep2002, Issue 193, p37
Presents information on organic farming. Increase in the sales of organic products during the 1990s; Impact of organic label on the prices of food; Benefits of organic production to the farmers and the environment.
- Infozone Foodfile ingredients in season. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/16/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4489, p43
The article discusses trends in the food industry in Great Britain. Soft fruits are still just about on the market. Raspberries and strawberries are almost finished, while cherries are expensive, having moved from Europe to Canada. Salmon prices are on the rise. Improved weather in Great Britain...