FREEZE DAMAGE LIMITED: Florida winter crop production increases
- TOUGH TREES FOR TOUGH TIMES. Cubie, Doreen // National Wildlife (World Edition);Dec2005/Jan2006, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p20
The article presents a discussion on junipers. Junipers give wildlife a boost in winter by providing a rich supply of food and shelter from harsh winds and cold temperatures. So to say, junipers help pull wildlife through tough times. Not only do junipers produce abundant food for scores of...
- Grow healthier crops. GOSS JR., JEFFEREY // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p76
The article discusses electrocultural methods that can be used to grow healthier crops. To stimulate low-growing vegetable crops, one can place a row of open metal cylinders parallel to each row of the crop. Vining, fruiting plants can be made more tolerant of cold temperatures by attaching...
- TAMING WINTER'S CHILL. Wroble, Lisa A. // Fun For Kidz;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p42
Presents tips for children on how to deal with winter's chill. INSETS: Chilll Chaser;Creamy Cocoa;Spicy Sparkler.
- Preventing cold temperature damage. MILLER, GRADY // SportsTurf;Jan2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p50
The article presents a question and answer related to minimizing the potential to have winterkill if it is to happen in 2014.
- How to survive a blizzard in your car. // Men's Health;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p122
Offers advice on how to survive the winter cold inside the car. Techniques in warming up the body; Use of available car materials for warm-ups; Safety signal alternatives.
- The cold outside can warm up a romance. Clubb, Shawn // South County Journal;12/7/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 49, pB4
The author details how he came up with the topic of winter and cold for the trivia column of "Suburban Journal."
- Why I Choose This Life. CHALOU-ENNIS, RENÉE // Bangor Metro;Oct2015, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p60
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of choosing to live in Aroostook County, Maine despite its long winter, above-freezing temperatures and the too hot summer.
- From El Niï¿½o to La Niï¿½a: Vegetation Response Patterns over East and Southern Africa during the 1997ï¿½2000 Period. Anyamba, Assaf; Tucker, Compton J.; Mahoney, Robert // Journal of Climate;Nov2002, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p3096
During the period 1997-2000, the global climate system experienced a transition from the strongest ENSO warm event this century in 1997/98 to a strong cold event in 1999/2000. Normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI) time series data derived from the Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer...
- A Spatiotemporal Analysis of Climatic Drivers for Observed Changes in Sahelian Vegetation Productivity (1982-2007). Kaspersen, Per Skougaard; Fensholt, Rasmus; Huber, Silvia // International Journal of Geophysics;2011, p1
Linear trend analysis and seasonal trend analysis are performed on gridded data of vegetation, rainfall, solar radiation flux, and air temperature, in order to examine the influence of the past three decades of climate variability and change on the Sahelian vegetation dynamics. Per-pixel...