BEYOND BASIC NUTRITION: FUNCTIONAL FOODS
- 10 trends in Nutraceutical Ingredients. O'Donnell, Claudia D. // Prepared Foods;Mar2003, Vol. 172 Issue 3, p89
Focuses on global trends in nutraceutical ingredients in the U.S. Categories of nutritional ingredients; Marketing strategy for nutritional foods; Benefits of nutritional food. INSET: Going Global.
- Medicinal Foods. COOPER, CLARENCE // Natural Solutions;Mar2012, Issue 142, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Fight Disease with Food" in the February 2012 issue; a response by the editor to the letter is also presented.
- Global Sales for Nutraceutical Ingredients to Reach $24 Billion by 2015. // Nutraceuticals World;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p11
The article focuses on the study conducted by The Freedonia Group Inc. which states that China will overtake Western Europe and the U.S. as the biggest global consumer and producer of nutraceutical ingredients by 2020.
- Super foods. Langone, John; Hiemstra, Bob // Self;Jul98, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p144
Highlights a number of nutraceuticals/functional foods. Amount of money spent on nutraceuticals by Americans in 1996; Identification of fruits which contain folic acid; Comments from Mark Braman, president and chief executive officer of OmegaTech Incorporated; Reference to resveratrol, a potent...
- Innovation lives! RUNESTAD, TODD // Functional Ingredients;Sep2013, Issue 131, p8
In this article the author reflects on and offers his opinions on innovations which have been seen in several areas of the food and beverage supplement ingredient market, including innovations related to probiotics, gluten free foods and green foods such as spirulina. The role that consumer...
- Superfoods. // Psychology Today;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the popularity of functional foods in the United States. Increase in sales of nutraceuticals; Theories as to why Americans are drawn to these foodstuffs.
- Capable Companies You Can Count On. // Nutraceuticals World;Mar2011 Part 1, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the considered sturdiest nutraceutical companies.
- The right science. // Life Science Today;Oct2000, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p6
Discusses tips on getting the right strategy to introduce nutraceutical products. Getting proper scientific information to customers; Use of conventional marketing techniques; European regulatory environment.
- No passing fancy for food makers. Fassl, Joyce // Food Engineering;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p8
Comments on the developments in food industry. Definition of the coinword nutraceutical; Target market for the health-enhancing foods or ingredients; Growth in the functional human and pet food segment.
- Mysterious market. Kershman, John // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Aug97, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p59
Focuses on the nutraceuticals in the food industry in United States which are substance that may considered a food or part of a food and provides medical or health benefits. Definition of nutraceuticals; Marketing categories from which nutraceuticals evolved; Market size of nutraceuticals.