- What you can do today to be cancer-free tomorrow. Brody, Robert // Cosmopolitan;Aug95, Vol. 219 Issue 2, p128
Offers advice on how to avoid getting cancer. Connections between cancer and certain types of food; Estimated number of American people diagnosed with the disease; Suggested foods that can lower the risk of developing cancer; Importance of vitamins and exercise.
- Pizza can save your life. Post, Robyn; Shaheen, Carol Ann // Men's Health;May97, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p76
Provides 11 ways of lowering a person's cancer risk. Foods that fight diseases; Proper way of preserving vitamin levels in vegetables; Lowering a person cancer risk by 50 percent; Exercise as the best way for improving life; How taking aspirin may lower cancer risk by 60 to 90 percent; More...
- Anticancer Shakes. Spiker, Ted // Men's Health;May2001, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p44
Provides information on cancer-preventing foods and shakes.
- Phytos That Fight Cancer. Singer, L.L. // Men's Fitness;Feb2002, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p46
Provides information on various forms of phytochemicals that can be found in food to fight cancer. Vegetables which contains phytochemicals; Amount of lycopene found in tomatoes; Effect of eating lycopene-rich foods on the risk of heart attack; Element of the tea which can block the formation...
- Foods That Fight Breast Cancer. Lyons, Charlotte // Ebony;Oct2000, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p72
Presents different types of food that fight breast cancer. Sources of omega-3; Types of food that are rich in fiber; Health benefits that can be gained from soy food.
- The BEST FOODS A Woman Can Buy. Cicero, Karen // Prevention;Jun2010, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p98
The article presents several packaged food products recommended by health experts. Dole Sliced Strawberries are said to be loaded with anthocyanins, antioxidants that can help in lowering cholesterol level as well as reducing the risk of cancer. However, one serving of Mann's Sweet Potato Spears...
- How not to get CANCER. Graves, Ginny // Glamour;Jul2008, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p162
The article presents a list of steps which women can take to avoid getting cancer including eating enough fruits and vegetables, exercising regularly and avoiding excessive amounts of alcohol.
- We Can't Beat Cancer With Drugs Alone: Prevention Crucial Says W.H.O. // Art of Healing;Jun/Aug2014, Vol. 2 Issue 47, p10
The article reports on the prediction of the World Health Organization on the increasing number of cancer cases per year and suggests the importance of preventing the risks of the disease through by maintaining a healthy weight, eating healthy diet, and being physically active.
- Nature knows best. // Prevention;Apr95, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p26
Advises that eating whole foods, rather than the parts of it that come in supplements, may be best for warding off colon cancer. Results of study using supplements; Comments by study leader E. Robert Greenberg, M.D.; The role of antioxidants; Report in `New England Journal of Medicine,' July...