- FEDERAL REGULATORS OUTLINE THE PROBLEM: 'Competitive foods' harm school meal programs, nutr. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p20
Outlines the report issued by the United States Department of Agriculture on federal funded school meals programs. Factors undermining the nutritional integrity of the programs; Risks and viability of competitive foods.
- Concern in Washington About School Lunch Safety. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Jan2003, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the letter written by the Democratic members of the U.S. House Committee on Education and the Workforce to Agriculture secretary Ann Veneman. Concern for the foods serve in school cafeterias; Reauthorization of nutrition programs; Contamination of chicken and turkey products with...
- Beginning Farmers, Ranchers panel named. // Western Farm Press;10/18/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p18
Reports on the creation of nine Sun Belt representatives to the U.S. Department of Agriculture Committee on Beginning Farmers and Ranchers by agriculture secretary Ann Veneman. Launch of a pilot program to help farmers and ranchers purchase land; Ways to encourage federal and state beginning...
- USDA begins livestock assistance payments. // Southwest Farm Press;1/22/2004, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the beginning of payments for the Livestock Assistance Program announced by U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Ann M. Veneman. Benefits of the program to livestock producers; Details of the program; Information on the funding for the program.
- Govt. promises ASFSA that school nutrition is a priority. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;02/23/98, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p16
Comments on US Secretary of Agriculture Dan Glickman's support of social programs concerning school foodservice in the United States. American School Foodservice Association's commitment to the promotion of school nutrition; Features of the US Department of Agriculture's school meal...
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p56
Presents updates on the food service industry in the United States (U.S.) as of April 15, 2001. Plans to deliver a test purchase of a new school commodity, frozen macaroni and cheese by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA); Completion of the frozen beef program of USDA; Delay in the...
- Following dietary guidelines. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p66
Reports that school food service directors in the U.S. are actively implementing the United States Department of Agriculture's dietary guidelines on healthy meals. Emphasis on moderation and variety; Reason for the absence of low-calorie or low-fat menu items; Examples of strategies used by...
- USDA ISSUES SCHOOL RECALL GUIDE. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the resource guide issued by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in an effort to improve food safety in school cafeterias across the nation. Components of the material; Importance of the role of foodservice professionals.
- USDA Seeks School Meal Commentary. // FoodService Director;6/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p1
The article reports that suggestions into school foodservice programs are being sought by the Department of Agriculture in the U.S. Foodservice operators who wish to comment in writing have until October 15, 2008 to submit their opinions, concerns and requests. The department is preparing to...