B&I, COLLEGE CONCEPTS: Lackmann units get juiced
- Ubusuna. Fujimoto, Kyoko // J@pan Inc.;Mar2000, Issue 5, p6
Features Ubusuna, a bar located in Shibuya, Japan. Ambience of the place; Use of Internet registration and communication in the bar; Amenities of the place.
- RESTAURANT NEWS. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Oct2010, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p21
This section offers news briefs on the food service industry in Australia, including the opening by Helvetica of its second-floor bar, the resignation of Sarah Turner at Enoteca to open her own restaurant and the opening by owner/chef Jared Ingersoll of Cotton Duck restaurant.
- Pubs inspired by the indies. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;11/14/2013, Issue 126, p26
The article reports on the inspiration brought by independent restaurant operators to pub operators to find their areas to the food service sector.
- Chippy Tea. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;1/31/2013, Issue 87, p24
The article presents information on the food event Chippy Tea organized by the pub Freemasons in Wiswell, Lancashire, England.
- Address Book. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Sep2008, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p208
The article lists several food and drinking establishments with their locations in the U.S. including Louisiana Music Factory, Bacchanal Fine Wine and Spirits, and Meyer the Hatter.
- Brewpub confab stresses identity as restaurant over brewery as key to growth. Walkup // Nation's Restaurant News;10/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 40, p134
Reports on the emphasis of brewpubs that their success hinges on their belonging to the casual-dining segment of the restaurant industry. Need for operators to build a management team with expertise in many areas including culinary arts; Use of technology for training and hiring.
- Night spots attempting to carry the day. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;8/4/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p21
Many nighttime hangouts have a different kind of appeal during the day. Two prime examples are the Pepper Canister, a brand-new Irish pub from the owners of Garrett Ripley's, and the Green Room, a year-old West Loop hot spot that recently opened for lunch. The Pepper Canister has been quietly...
- EAT LIKE A LOCAL BARCELONA. Cancila, Katherine // Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel (Newsweek LLC);May2011, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p42
A review is offered for several tapa bars in Barcelona, Spain including Els Tres Porquets, Bar Mut at Eixample district and Bar TomÃ¡s.
- '50s-style eatery opens on Second. // Journal of Business (10756124);9/15/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 19, pA10
Reports on the opening of the Cruisers 24hr Family Diner & Bar, a new 1950-themed restaurant, in Spokane County, Washington.