STEP-BY-STEP: FORMING A SCHOOL CO-OP
- Fruit Favorites. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p60
The article presents the perspectives of food directors and executives regarding the spotlights gained by fruits among American dinners. Kevin Barker stresses that their Best Date Ever wrap is the most favorite recipe because of its healthy and nutritious elements. Paul Gizara expresses that...
- Cycles of growth. Bonner, Mari // Americas;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p4
Features Los Tamarindos Bicycle Cooperative, a project which was initially conceived as a mental health program for the youth of Guarjila, El Salvador. Expansion of the program to include a tree nursery project; Donation of bikes through grass-roots campaigns; Social role of the bicycle...
- It's unanimous. Reynolds, Bruce J. // Farmer Cooperatives;Jul95, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p15
Discusses the reason behind cooperative boards' tendency to strive harder compared to other types of governing boards to reach unanimous decisions. Competition for members; Decisions must be made; Norm for society.
- Cooperative action. // Farmer Cooperatives;Sep95, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p17
Reports on developments related to cooperative societies in the United States as of September 1995. Includes legislation allowing small ethanol production cooperatives to pass a tax credit to their members; Merging of Blue Chelan Inc. and Trout Inc.; SF Services Inc.'s joint venture agreements.
- How to evaluate the performance of a cooperative. Parsley, Scott // Management Quarterly;Spring92, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p31
Focuses on the issue of measuring a cooperative's performance in terms of why the performance should be measured, what to measure and how to measure it. Outage report for electric services; Engineering standards; Customer complaints; Time accounting.
- Buying into co-operation. // Cabinet Maker;11/8/2002, Issue 5312, p4
Reports that the Colchester and East Sussex Co-operative Society will join the Co-operative Retail Trading Group (CRTG) in Great Britain.
- Co-ops don't cut A&E attendance. // Pulse;1/20/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p17
Outlines the failure of out-of-hours cooperatives to reduce attendance rates in Great Britain.
- Prosad singles out 31 co-ops. // Caribbean Business;1/12/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p12
Reports that 31 co-operatives in Puerto Rico are in precarious fiscal state.
- Co-ops make moves towards united front. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;3/6/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p23
Focuses on the efforts of co-operative movements (co-ops) to refocus their businesses in Great Britain. Ethical issues facing co-ops; Creation of the Co-operative Travel Trading Group; Formation of the Co-operative Retail Trading Group.