PROFILE: THE GROUP PURCHASING INDUSTRY
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Sep95, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the increase in the use of electronic purchasing protocols by hospitals. Advantages; Includes cost savings.
- Hospitals' drug spending shows. Scott, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;2/28/94, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p28
Reports on hospital spending on pharmaceuticals in 1993 as reported by IMS America. Percentage growth; Estimated amount spent; Factors to the slowdown in growth; Basis of IMS's figures.
- Buying groups not consolidating--study. Scott, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;1/24/94, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p36
Reports on a study of membership in groups that create buying contracts for hospitals, conducted by the SMG Marketing Group. Increase in multiple membership; Development of parent groups; Leveling of power among groups; Explanations for trend.
- Cycles of growth. Bonner, Mari // Americas;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p4
Features Los Tamarindos Bicycle Cooperative, a project which was initially conceived as a mental health program for the youth of Guarjila, El Salvador. Expansion of the program to include a tree nursery project; Donation of bikes through grass-roots campaigns; Social role of the bicycle...
- It's unanimous. Reynolds, Bruce J. // Farmer Cooperatives;Jul95, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p15
Discusses the reason behind cooperative boards' tendency to strive harder compared to other types of governing boards to reach unanimous decisions. Competition for members; Decisions must be made; Norm for society.
- Cooperative action. // Farmer Cooperatives;Sep95, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p17
Reports on developments related to cooperative societies in the United States as of September 1995. Includes legislation allowing small ethanol production cooperatives to pass a tax credit to their members; Merging of Blue Chelan Inc. and Trout Inc.; SF Services Inc.'s joint venture agreements.
- How to evaluate the performance of a cooperative. Parsley, Scott // Management Quarterly;Spring92, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p31
Focuses on the issue of measuring a cooperative's performance in terms of why the performance should be measured, what to measure and how to measure it. Outage report for electric services; Engineering standards; Customer complaints; Time accounting.
- Buying into co-operation. // Cabinet Maker;11/8/2002, Issue 5312, p4
Reports that the Colchester and East Sussex Co-operative Society will join the Co-operative Retail Trading Group (CRTG) in Great Britain.
- Co-ops don't cut A&E attendance. // Pulse;1/20/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p17
Outlines the failure of out-of-hours cooperatives to reduce attendance rates in Great Britain.