FOR 20 DISTRICTS: NSLP gets $2M milk money boost
- USDA to award $4M in Team Nutrition grants in 19 different states. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/22/97, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p19
Reports on the Department of Agriculture's pledge to award more than $4 million in Team Nutrition grants to 19 states for the 1997-98 school year.
- Proposed federal budget keeps school foodservice belt tight. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;2/17/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the move of the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) to ask for additional federal funding for child-nutrition program in the U.S. Impetus to the move; Disclosure to the annual fund allocated for nutrition program; Concerns of ASFSA over the proposed school meal policy of...
- Bill to authorize grants for lead tests in schools. Lindsay, Drew // Education Week;6/1/94, Vol. 13 Issue 36, p18
Reports on Senate approval of bill to authorize grants for lead tests in schools. Testing for lead hazards in elementary schools and day-care centers built before 1980; Priority for facilities with the worst suspected problems and the youngest children.
- Medicaid model might be best way to expand kids' coverage, experts say. Figura, Susannah Zak // AHA News;05/26/97, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p3
Reports on the fund earmarked for expanding children's health coverage under the budget agreement between US President Bill Clinton and congressional leaders. Use of the Medicaid model as an approach in spending the allocated fund; Extension of Medicaid coverage in various states.
- Cabinet heads kick off coordinated effort to curb youth violence. Lawton, Millicent // Education Week;8/4/93, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p20
Reports on the `Safeguarding Our Youth: Violence Prevention for Our Nation's Children' conference. Attorney General Janet Reno; Violence prevention; Attenders from the federal departments of Education, Justice, Health and Human Services, and Housing and Urban Development; Proposed safe-schools...
- Increase for child care subsidies proposed. Cruz, Sherri // Las Vegas Business Press;12/07/98, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p22
Reports on the $4 million increase in Nevada's proposed budget for child care subsidies in 1999. Agency receiving the largest percentage of the budget; Uses for the funds; Recommendations made by the Interim Finance Committee.
- Program design key to insuring the most children, expert says. Figura, Susannah Zak // AHA News;07/21/97, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p3
Reports on health policy expert Judith Feder's analysis of the importance of the structure of the child health program agreed upon by Congress and President Clinton, in determining how many uninsured children get covered. Opportunities offered by a block-grant approach; Federal spending on child...
- Kiddie care plans hinge on Medicaid savings. // AHA News;09/15/97, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p6
Reports on the Utah Health Policy Commission's plans to use the state matching funds to finance the expanded children's insurance in Utah.
- Untitled. // Second Opinion;Jan93, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p91
Reports on a study by Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts showing savings in federal expenditures on women's and children's medical care and education. Expenditures on Women, Infants and Children prenatal program; Childhood immunization; Comprehensive prenatal care through Medicaid;...