DUE TO DECLINE IN DEMAND: Barnert Hosp. in NJ abandons kosher svc
- Barnert mulls a change of status. Ruth, Joao-Pierre S. // Business News New Jersey;08/24/98, Vol. 11 Issue 30, p26
Reports on Vanguard Health Systems' possible acquisition of Barnert Hospital in Paterson, New Jersey. Deal as Barnert Hospital's attempt to restore its financial health; Occupancy rate of the hospital in 1997; Vanguard's strategy in generating profits for the hospital.
- Not a Kosher Facility: Kosher cart appeal grows. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the response of customers to a kosher cart in the lobby of the New York University Medical Center in New York City, New York. How the cart started its business operation; Certification of the cart; Foods offered.
- The newest health food is kosher?!? Raab, Scott; Erwitt, Misha // Self;Nov94, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p148
Provides information on the healthfood kosher. Kosher eating as a practical matter of food safety; Health-related origins of kosher; Empire Kosher Poultry Inc. as the world's largest producer of kosher chickens.
- Big Y Opens Kosher Meat Department, Adds 30,000 Items. // BusinessWest;Apr2003, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p96
Reports on the opening of a kosher meat, deli and bakery departments by Big Y foods Inc. in Springfield, Massachusetts. Launch of kosher products; Employment of a full-time Mashgiach as required by Jewish law in order to ensure compliance; Business location.
- A REAL KOSHER PICKLE. O'REILEY, TIM // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/9/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 32, pP20
No abstract available.
- Do kosher foods answer to a higher health authority? // Environmental Nutrition;Jan1996, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p7
Compares kosher foods with non-kosher products in terms of their health aspects and sanitation. Consumer reasons for buying kosher foods; Composition of kosher foods; Sodium content.
- Answering to a higher authority. Bruss, Jill // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Mar2000, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p22
Narrates the author's experience when she ate the Twinkie snack food. Why she was banned from eating other snack foods during her childhood; Information on kosher foods.
- COMMACK SELF-SERVICE KOSHER MEATS, INC., V. RUBIN: ARE KOSHER FOOD CONSUMERS NO LONGER ENTITLED TO PROTECTION FROM FRAUD AND MISREPRESENTATION IN THE MARKETPLACE? Jacobson, Jared // St. John's Law Review;Summer2001, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p485
Argues that the right to be protected from fraud and misrepresentation extends to all individuals. Factors that prompted New York to enact kosher fraud laws; Significance of kosher food fraud; Analysis of kosher fraud laws using the Lemon test.
- Are kosher food laws constitutionally kosher? Sullivan, Catherine Beth // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Fall93, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p201
Analyzes the constitutionality and necessity of the various states' kosher food legislation. Dietary laws of kashruth; Origins of kosher food statutes; Establishment Clause; Free Exercise Clause; Case histories of kosher food regulations; Consumer protection.