WITH BRANDED PIZZA, CHICKEN: Mini-mall with foodservice to open at Ohio University
- TOP RANKS: CNY'S LARGEST SHOPPING MALLS. // Business Journal (Central New York);4/5/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p17
Presents a chart on the ranks of shopping malls in central New York based on total square footage as of April 2002. Carousel Center in Syracuse; Shopping Town Mall in DeWitt; Sangertown Square in New Hartford.
- Fantasyland in the courtroom. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/13/93, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p51
Reveals owners of West Edmonton Mall went to court to fight Walt Disney Productions over the use of the name Fantasyland Hotel. WEM is appealing a 1992 injunction which ordered the mall to stop using the name in connection with its amusement park.
- Freedom of speech. Jacobs, Charles // Business News New Jersey;11/1/95, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p28
Reports that the battle between citizen activists and shopping malls in New jersey has ended in victory for those who argue that malls should be open to leafleteering and other forms of free expression. Contention regarding malls as private property; US Supreme Court's refusal to hear the case;...
- Mall rats, rejoice! // Business News New Jersey;11/27/96, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p2
Reports on developments concerning plans for the construction of Meadowlands Mills shopping mall in Hackensack, New Jersey, as of November 27, 1996. Features of the shopping mall; Comments from Mills Corp. chief executive officer Laurence Siegel.
- Shopping malls. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p130
Ranks shopping malls in New Jersey by square feet of gross leasable area. Includes Garden State Plaza; Woodbridge Center; Willowbrook Mall Management; Echelon Mall; Rockaway Town Square.
- Megastores push city development limits. Harrison, Kimberly P. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/16/93, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p3
Reports on opposition of Greater Cleveland residents to construction of major department stores in the area. Effect of giant retailers' presence on traffic situation, neighborhood and quality of life; Open houses conducted by retail stores to assure residents of shopping centers' potential...
- Brooklyn mall chief faces uphill battles. Leuchter, Miriam // Crain's New York Business;11/8/93, Vol. 9 Issue 45, p21
Reports on the difficulties encountered by the management of Fulton Mall Improvement Association Inc. in attracting clientele. Reorganization of the business improvement district's board; Exodus of anchor stores; Non-availability of consumer-preferred brands; Statement from president Robert W....
- Empty space in the Windy City. // Chain Store Age;Feb97, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p140
Reports on the rising shopping mall vacancy rates in metropolitan Chicago, Illinois in 1996. Percentage increase in vacancy rate since 1995.
- In retail revolution, East Europe savors western shopping. Jordan, Michael J. // Christian Science Monitor;11/14/96, Vol. 88 Issue 245, p1
Presents information on the development of malls in Eastern Europe. Details on the $60 million Budapest `mega-mall,' situated on a former Soviet Army barracks; Information on the retail revolution in Eastern Europe; Details on the retail market controlled by foreign companies.