Massachusetts Retirement System Gets AAA From S&P
- State audit questions costs of cleaning up dirty Boston Harbor. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/9/93, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the claims by the state auditor of Massachusetts on questionable expenditures for the Boston Harbor ocean outfall project by the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA). Cost overruns; Explanations by the MWRA.
- Boston Water Officials Close In On Coupling Key to Pipe Break. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/24/2010, Vol. 264 Issue 16, p7
The article reports on pipe sections near the rupture that is identified by officials of the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority to be near a 10-feet wide coupling which is forced loose when the pipe burst.
- Analysis can save money too. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/19/94, Vol. 233 Issue 12, p110
Editorial. Comments on the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority's proposal to revise its combined sewage overflow plan that would cut costs by 70 percent. Terms of the proposal; General acceptance of the revision by environmental groups.
- Massachusetts residents say enough is enough to water taxes & regs. // Consumer Comments;May/Jun93, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the actions taken by Massachusetts resident against the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA). Revolutionary-style of protest; Dumping water bills in Boston harbor; Withholding fee assessments owed to the Authority; Suing the authority over the its billing system; Negative...
- CSO proposals due. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/31/97, Vol. 238 Issue 13, p22
Reports that the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority is soliciting engineering proposals for a combined sewer overflow plan in Boston. Due date for submission of proposals; Proposal requirements.
- Ambitious swaps net big savings for Massachusetts water agency. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;02/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30574, p1
Reports on the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority's calculation that it gathered $27 million in savings by embedding four interest rate swaps into $400 million of debt sold during the winter of 1998-99. Agency's efforts to cut its interest costs; Agency's initial refund of $200 million in...
- Temporary power aids in substation switch. // Power Engineering;Nov95, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p97
Reports on the temporary power requirement for the construction of Boston Edison's Deer Island substation in Massachusetts. Supply of power for Massachusetts Water Resources Authority's waste-water treatment facility.
- MWRA deal marks shift. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30818, p1
Reports on the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority's issuance of municipal bonds to finance major building projects in Massachusetts. Use of municipal debt to complete the upgrading of sewage treatment facilities in the state; Plan to focus on water services for Boston, Massachusetts.
- Fuel cell converts waste gas to electricity. Boschee, Pam // Electric Light & Power;Jun98, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p18
Discloses that the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority's Deer Island wastewater treatment plant has began converting waste gas from sludge operations into electricity. Use of fuel technology developed for the United States space program by the authority; Capabilities of the fuel cells; Cost...