S&P: California Cities Weather Power Crisis
- SURGING DEMAND FOR ELECTRIC POWER IN THE MEAN REGION. // Middle East Business Intelligence;6/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p4
Reveals the increasing demand for power in the Middle East/North Africa (MEAN) region. Highlights of studies that reveal that surging power demand of the region; Reason for the surge of power demand by the region; Industrial projects in the region that are expected to consume vast amount of power.
- Both crisis and opportunity loom for energy industry. Flanigan, Janes // Journal of Business (10756124);04/05/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 8, pA4
Comments on the challenges facing the energy industry in the United States amidst the energy resource shortage in California. Recognition of the various energy facility-building projects following the crisis; Need to address the urgency for innovation in the industry.
- Energy Sparks New Issues. Arroyo, Arnaldo // Equities;May/Jun2001, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p33
Focuses on the move of the energy-related companies to capitalize on the anticipated increase in generating capacity in the United States. Demand of the consumer for energy; Need of a power plant by the country; Estimation of energy demand by the Department of Energy.
- Proposals selected for Clean Energy Fund's fuel cell program. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/17/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p14
Announces the Connecticut Clean Energy Fund's selection of proposals received in response to the first phase of its 2002 Fuel Cell Request for Proposal. Total amount requested for funding; Diverse project sites, types and ideas attracts by the request for proposal.
- International energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Feb99, p129
Reports on global energy trends as of November 1998. Crude oil production; Petroleum consumption; Petroleum stocks; Nuclear energy generation.
- Glossary. // Monthly Energy Review;Aug2002, p183
Presents a glossary of terms concerning the energy industry in the United States. Alcohol fuels; Anthracite; Asphalt; Aviation gasoline blending components; Barrel; Base gas; Bituminous coal.
- Further Reading. // MarketWatch: Energy;Jan2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p60
A list of articles related to energy resources is presented.
- Further Reading. // MarketWatch: Energy;Sep2008, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p33
The article lists the latest reports related to energy industry including "The Western European Gas Market Outlook 2008," "The Future of Solar Power: Key technologies and drivers for a solar future," and "The Eastern European Gas Market Outlook 2008."
- Pakistan's fresh start. Jafri, Minam // International Power Generation;May99, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p52
Focuses on the legal debate between the Pakistan government and independent power producers regarding independent power production in the region. Claims and contentions of the opposing entities regarding the issue; Corruption allegations directed towards the Pakistan government; Negative...
- Study: Win By Focusing on Core Competencies. // American Gas;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p9
Reports on a study conducted by Lexecon Inc., which indicates that energy utilities that stayed with their traditional businesses were the winners during the first five years of utility deregulation. Outline of several trends for U.S. energy utilities; Definition of emerging business models...