Long-Stalled Plan for Third Illinois Airport Moves Forward
- O'Hare Push in D.C. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31328, p32
Reports that Illinois governor George Ryan and Chicago mayor Richard M. Daley met with members of the U.S. Congress to push for the passage of the O'Hare International Airport expansion legislation as of February 2002. Details of the expansion plan; Federal pressure faced by local officials in...
- TBOs and other non-important items. Lewis, Torch // Business & Commercial Aviation;Mar1999, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p120
Focuses on various issues in the airline industry. Pratt & Whitney PT-6 as the best turbine engine; Illinois Governor George Ryan's support to the move to keep Meigs Field in Chicago open past the scheduled closing date of February 2002.
- Illinois Governor Submits Aviation Plan. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Dec2001, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p32
Reports on the proposal of Governor George Ryan for the establishment of an airport in Peotone, Illinois. Benefits of the proposal; Criticisms on the plan of the governor; Appreciation of Chicago mayor to the plan.
- Airport on Illinois governor's mind. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/13/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30557, p1
Focuses on Illinois Governor George Ryan's development plans for a partially bond-financed airport in Chicago, Illinois. Location of the planned development; Estimated value of such construction project; Overview on other development initiatives in the state proposed by Ryan.
- Ryan's O'Hare plan offers starting point for takeoff. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/29/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p10
Comments on expansion plan of Governor George Ryan of O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Construction of path for economic growth and opportunities; Exclusion of plan to mayors plan; Determination of the sufficiency of demand; Relief of airport to overloads; Opposition to...
- It's Ryan's turn to offer leadership on airports. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/3/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p10
Comments on the opportunity of Governor George Ryan to establish the leadership for the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Analysis on the proposal of mayor Richard Daley concerning the expansion of the airport; Solution for airline delays and congestion; Reconfiguration of runways.
- Illinois Governor and Chicago Mayor. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p31
Reports on the efforts of Illinois Governor George Ryan and Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard M. Daley to resolve their differences regarding their individual plans to expand Chicago's O'Hare International Airport. Points of differences in their proposals; Compromises made by Ryan and Daley in...
- Saving Meigs will call for a game of hardball. Reed, Robert // Crain's Chicago Business;6/25/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p8
Comments on the dispute over plans for the Meigs Field Airport involving Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard M. Daley and groups supporting the continued operation of the airport. Daley's proposed transformation of the landing strip into a lakeside park by 2002; Efforts of business leaders to secure...
- City ups ante in airport gambit. Knapp, Kevin; Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;02/08/99, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on the issue of Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard M. Daley's proposed addition of new terminals to the O'Hare International Airport, which is seen by foes as a step toward new runways. Possible boost to a plan opposed by Daley, that of construction of a third regional airport near south...