China's next great leap forward
- Establishment and Improvement of New Theory on Long-term Mechanism of Environmental Protection in Rural China. Liu Enhua // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 644-650, p6003
In recent years, China's environmental events frequently, compared with the urban environment, rural environmental issues become more prominent. CPC Central Committee and the State Council attached great importance to environmental protection in rural areas, and use it as a major event in the...
- PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE AS A SOURCE OF FINANCING THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IN POLAND. RODZINKA, JACEK; PASZKOWSKA, MAŁGORZATA // Financial Internet Quarterly 'e-Finanse';2013, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p60
The medical services market in Poland is financed mainly with funds from national health insurance, yet year by year, an increasing importance of private resources in financing health services can be noticed. Apart from common (national) health insurance, medical care is primarily financed...
- Budget Crisis, Entitlement Crisis, Health Care Financing Problem--Which Is It? Aaron, Henry J. // Health Affairs;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p1622
The article discusses the budget crisis, entitlement crisis, and health care financing problem in the U.S. It explores on the concerns of health finance policy, entitlement policy including Social Security, and tax policy. It also aims to discuss what kind of crisis society actually faces. The...
- VBP: considering the worst case scenario. Alexander, Jim // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan2008, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p32
The article focuses on the possibility of the value-based purchasing (VBP) for hospital and physician services to hold the answer in restraining Medicare spending for the longer short-term in the U.S. According to the author, hospital payments from Reporting Hospital Quality Data for Annual...
- The democratization of health in Mexico: financial innovations for universal coverage. Frenk, Julio; Gómez-Dantés, Octavio; Knaul, Felicia Marie // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;Jul2009, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p542
In 2003, the Mexican Congress approved a reform establishing the Sistema de ProtecciÃ³n Social en Salud [System of Social Protection in Health], whereby public funding for health is being increased by one percent of the 2003 gross domestic product over seven years to guarantee universal health...
- Visa-free stops in Jun. // Travel Daily;5/17/2013, p5
The article reports on the announcement of the State Council of China regarding the effectivity of the three-day visa-free stopovers in Guangzhou in June 2013.
- Obama launches full-court press on healthcare reform. Young, Jeffrey; Youngman, Sam; Jacobs, Jeremy P.; Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;6/3/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 63, p4
The article reports on the health care reform focused by the Obama administration in the U.S.
- Risk-adjusted capitation. Shmueli, Amir; Chinitz, David // European Journal of Public Health;Jun2001, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p182
Examines the structural reform in Israel's health system based on public contracting and regulated markets. Role of capitation in the Israeli health reform; Effects of the National Health Insurance Law on competition and selection; Policy issues facing the Israeli system.
- Navigating the health care maze. Kearney, Gerardine (Ged) // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr2010, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p48
In this article the author discusses the complexity of the Australian health care system. She describes how the health system often results in cost-prohibitive duplication of services. The author goes on to describe Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's plans to reform the community health...