Spinoffs from space
- HISTORY OF THE ULTRASOUND. // Electronic Design;6/8/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p46
The article offers a brief history of the medical applications of ultrasound imaging. Experiments were conducted in the late 1940s based on sonar technology used in World War II. In 1970, it was accepted as a diagnostic device. Its applications include echocardiography, obstetrics and...
- RSNA 2005 review: Part 2. Dallessio, Kathleen M. // Applied Radiology;Feb2006, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p30
Highlights the technological innovations on radiology exhibited at the Radiological Society of North America 2005 trade show in Chicago, Illinois. Introduction of the AquariusNET VLE enterprise-class three-dimensional server from TeraRecon; Release of the computer-aided detection products for...
- A-scan code can be complicated. Manopoli, Vincent; Rizzo, Liz // Ophthalmology Times;3/25/96, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p14
Presents answers to queries concerning the A-scan, an ultrasonic diagnostic measurement procedure that produces a one-dimensional picture. Queries on code 76516; Queries on how to bill 76519; Queries on the need to indicate the purchase of a service.
- Price is right. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;04/14/97, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p74
Reports that diagnostic ultrasound makers in the United States are offering hospitals modestly priced imaging systems with features previously available on models costing twice as much. Why ultrasound vendor are offering more for less; Definition of ultrasound; Reference to the cost of the machines.
- Ultrasound of Acute Appendicitis. // Pediatric Emergency Medicine Reports;Nov2011 Supplement, p1
An ultrasound image of acute appendicitis is presented.
- Transdermal monitoring of glucose and other analytes using ultrasound. Kost, Joseph; Mitragotri, Samir; Gabbay, Robert A.; Pishko, Michael; Langer, Robert // Nature Medicine;Mar2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p347
Considerable effort has been directed towards developing painless and convenient methods to measure blood analytes, particularly glucose, including implantable sensors, minimally invasive skin microporation approaches involving laser or miniaturized lancets and noninvasive technologies such as...
- Case of the Month #122. Wilson, Robert A.; Leswick, David A.; Fladeland, Derek // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Jun2007, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p183
A quiz questioning on the diagnosis and radiologic findings of the case of an infant showed with a vascular lesion of the left lower eyelid and proptosis first noted at 4 weeks of age is presented.
- Ultrasound helps test touchy systems. Puttré, Michael // Design News;9/22/97, Vol. 53 Issue 18, p13
Provides information from a study conducted by French researchers, with the use of ultrasoundsm, for the testing of metal parts for defects. Information on development of the French Atomic Energy Commissariat (FAUST) for Tomographic Ultrasound Focusing; Contact information.
- CORRECTION. // Thorax;Jan2012, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p84
A correction to an article by S. V. Kemp and colleagues on the learning curves for endobronchial ultrasound using cusum analysis is presented.