Organ donation plan under development
- Blood drive to be held next Tuesday. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);11/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p3
The article announces that the Coffee Memorial Blood Bank will hold a blood drive in Clarendon, Texas on November 21, 2006. The blood drive will be held in the Bairfield Activity Center. Football sweatshirt and stress ball will be given to every blood donor. A raffle will also be done where the...
- Community Blood Drive slated for Monday, June 28th. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);6/22/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p1
The article reports that a community blood drive will occur on the 26th of June 2006 in Stonewall County, Texas. A bloodmobile from the Meek Blood Center will be stationed at the Stonewall Memorial Hospital, and will give away a patriotic T-shirt and total cholesterol test to blood donors. There...
- Why Don't More Women Give Blood? // Saturday Evening Post;6/7/1952, Vol. 224 Issue 49, p12
The author reflects on the small percent of women participating in blood donation. As reported by the Red Cross blood banks in various parts of the country, American women are far behind the men in terms of giving blood. However, the scene is justified by claiming that many women are rejected as...
- Donating your own flesh and blood. Dinsmoor, Robert // Current Health 2;Dec93, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p22
Advocates the donation of one's blood and organs. Eligibility; Limited number of donors; Success of organ and tissue transplantation; Red Cross and blood bank's safeguards to make sure blood is safe to give and receive; Blood tests.
- How to give the gift of life. Gard, Carolyn // Current Health 2;Nov98, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p28
Discusses how to deal with problems that arise from giving the gift of life either by donating blood or organs. Concern about getting AIDS or other diseases by giving blood; Donation of bone marrow; Decision to be an organ donor. INSET: "Life is what you make of it".
- Sunday, Jan. 14 Blood Drive. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/27/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 37, p6
The article presents an announcement on the sponsorship of Junior Girl Scout troop #1291 for a blood and bone marrow drive at Texas. Registration starts at 9:00 o'clock in the morning to 5:00 o'clock in the afternoon at Cabela's in Buda, Texas. All appointments to donate blood can be done by...
- Hospital hosts blood drive. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/4/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p9B
The article reports that St. Luke's Cornwall Hospital and Community Blood Services in New York will host a blood drive on September 21, 2006. Prospective donors must be between 17 and 75 years old and weight at least 110 pounds. They should bring identification and required to complete a...
- Blizzard creates shortages in national blood supply. // Nation's Health;Feb96, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the impact of a January 1996 blizzard that hit northeastern United States on the nation's blood supply. Shut down of blood collection; Removal of workers from donor pool during federal government shutdowns.
- SHORT TAKES: Minneapolis. // Advocate;9/18/80, Issue 301, p10
Reports that physicians at the Minneapolis War Memorial Blood Bank have discouraged leaders of the local chapter of integrity from forming a gay blood donor group in Minnesota.