Limited onboard amenities
- Introduction. // Handy Astronomy Answer Book;2008, preceding p1
An introduction to the book "The Handy Astronomy Answer Book" is presented in which the author discusses its features, the significance of astronomical questions on space explorations and the interest of the people to explore more in the outer space.
- Seeing the Unseen. Schilling, Govert // Sky & Telescope;Jan2000, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p10
Discusses how astronomy has become a science of visuals. Interest of people on photographs of the heavenly bodies and other cosmic scenes; Notes on technological advancements used in getting photographs from the outer space.
- Monthly sky diary. // SkyGuide Africa South;2011, p2
The article presents a monthly diary on the events and movements of the solar system from January 2011 to December 2011.
- Look back: Great discoveries. // Astronomy;Apr98, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p32
Presents the astronomical discoveries in the last quarter of the twenty-first century. Discoveries with the Voyager 1 spacecraft; James Christy's discovery of Pluto's moon Charon; Discoveries about the sun.
- Taiwan looks to the skies for a boost to its basic research. Nathan, Richard // Nature;12/11/1997, Vol. 390 Issue 6660, p544
Reports that Taiwanese astronomers have won approval for a project to survey the outer regions of the Solar System to look for comets and small objects. Details about the Taiwan-American Occultation Survey (TAOS); Construction of first observatory in Taiwan; Plans of astronomers; Funding;...
- Mission update. McDowell, Jonathan // Sky & Telescope;Dec96, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p16
Presents several news related to space explorations. July 1996 accident involving the DC-XA reusable rocket; Orbit of the Galileo Jupiter orbiter around the Jovian satellite Ganymede; Launch of the Advance Earth Observing Satellite.
- MISSION UPDATE. McDowell, Jonathan // Sky & Telescope;Jan2002, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p28
Discusses space programs by spacefaring nations other than the United States. Japan; Europe; Russia; Developing countries.
- Aliens in a slushy sea? Kluger, Jeffrey // Time;3/16/1998, Vol. 151 Issue 10, p60
Looks at the mounting evidence for the possibility of life on Jupiter's moon, Europa. The confirmation of polar ice on the moon; Images from the Galileo Jupiter probe suggesting a sea under ice in the Conamara Chaos region; Background on the space probe.
- Around Alone. Adams, Jim // Junior Scholastic;9/20/2002, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p20
Presents information on a tour to space.