- To Thine Own Employer Be True. Smith, Deborah // Parks & Recreation;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p26
Explains the concept of organizational commitment regarding employees. Antecedents and outcomes associated with the concept; Implications of research on the concept for professionals in the field; Behavioral interpretation of commitment.
- Studies into the nature of commitment need to refocus. Cooke, Fang Lee // People Management;11/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p59
Discusses organizational commitment. Reason for difficulty of defining the notion of organizational commitment; Reason researchers have found little connection between measures of organizational commitment and its outcomes; Factor that will improve the relevance of commitment research to...
- ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT: A MULTI METHOD SCALE ANALYSIS AND TEST OF EFFECTS. Hartmann, Linley C. // International Journal of Organizational Analysis (1993 - 2002);2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p89
Why do casual academic stair stay with an organization and why do they leave? Does a three factor model of organizational commitment fit their situation? This paper reports on a study of women academic staff in casual employment at an Australian Tertiary Institution. Major variables included the...
- Keep it simple, make 'em loyal. // Managing People at Work;Feb2010, Issue 335, p6
The article highlights the impact of employee loyalty and rules simplicity in improving leadership and business operation.
- HR career issues... O'Halloran, Esther // Personnel Today;2/23/2010, p17
The article provides an answer to a question of whether taking a new job within six months will affect the employee's reputation and his loyalty.
- being headhunted. Maxted, John // Personnel Today;2/23/2010, p17
The article presents the author's comments on whether taking a new job within six months will affect the employee's reputation and his loyalty.
- Management's Responsibility. Ketter, Paula // T+D;May2014, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p6
An introduction is presented to articles in this issue on employee engagement including articles on the use of gaming techniques to increase engagement and an article on research on engagement.
- Organizational Cynicism, Work Related Quality of Life and Organizational Commitment in Employees. Yasin, Tahreem; Khalid, Shazia // Pakistan Journal of Commerce & Social Sciences;2015, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p568
The research intended to explore relationship between organizational cynicism, work related quality of life and organization commitment in employees. The literature on organizational cynicism and organizational commitment revealed that cynicism has intense effects on organizational commitment....
- Take Mom's Advice: Behave And Be Nice. // Successful Supervisor;2015, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p3
The article offers suggestions on how to estimate the employee's commitment and loyalty under the leadership of the manager including surveys, open and closed door criticism, and explain reason on the changes.