- HR career issues... O'Halloran, Esther // Personnel Today;2/23/2010, p17
The article provides an answer to a question of whether taking a new job within six months will affect the employee's reputation and his loyalty.
- being headhunted. Maxted, John // Personnel Today;2/23/2010, p17
The article presents the author's comments on whether taking a new job within six months will affect the employee's reputation and his loyalty.
- Studies into the nature of commitment need to refocus. Cooke, Fang Lee // People Management;11/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p59
Discusses organizational commitment. Reason for difficulty of defining the notion of organizational commitment; Reason researchers have found little connection between measures of organizational commitment and its outcomes; Factor that will improve the relevance of commitment research to...
- To Thine Own Employer Be True. Smith, Deborah // Parks & Recreation;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p26
Explains the concept of organizational commitment regarding employees. Antecedents and outcomes associated with the concept; Implications of research on the concept for professionals in the field; Behavioral interpretation of commitment.
- Keep it simple, make 'em loyal. // Managing People at Work;Feb2010, Issue 335, p6
The article highlights the impact of employee loyalty and rules simplicity in improving leadership and business operation.
- ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT: A MULTI METHOD SCALE ANALYSIS AND TEST OF EFFECTS. Hartmann, Linley C. // International Journal of Organizational Analysis (1993 - 2002);2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p89
Why do casual academic stair stay with an organization and why do they leave? Does a three factor model of organizational commitment fit their situation? This paper reports on a study of women academic staff in casual employment at an Australian Tertiary Institution. Major variables included the...
- THE IMPACT OF SELECTED PSYCHO-SOCIAL VARIABLES UPON EMPLOYEES' ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT IN THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES. Alnajjar, Ahmed A. // Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal;1999, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p523
This study aimed at analyzing some psycho-social lectors which influence the commitment of 479 employees from different firms in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Using the Organizational Commitment Scale (OCS). it was found that, amongst the participants, the discipline factor was more dominant...
- Organisational Commitment, Employees and Performance. Adler, Ralph; Corson, Debbie // Chartered Accountants Journal;Apr2003, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p31
Examines the effects of an organization's commitment to its employees on performance in New Zealand. Influence of competitive strategy on the relationship between organizational commitment and firm performance; Implications for managers.
- Taking pride in your work. Gray, Richard // Brand Strategy;Mar2007, Issue 210, p44
The article discusses a survey conducted in Great Britain, which questioned the respondents about the pride they felt for their employer. The survey found that there is a good base of pride in organizations. Companies have a solid base of attachment from their employees. The positive attitudes...