New Economic Reality Calls for New Strategies
- In Uncertain Economy, You Still Have to Serve Clients. CONRAD, LEE // Bank Investment Consultant;Aug2011, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p8
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue including tips in plotting an investment course, the challenges in providing financial advice, and ways on how clients may achieve their global portfolio with few exchange traded funds (ETFs).
- ETFs Continue to Gain Popularity. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2014, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the 2014 survey, conducted by the "Journal of Financial Planning" and the Financial Planning Association (FPA) Research and Practice Instituteâ„¢, which suggests the increasing popularity of exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
- Use active investing strategies to boost returns. Connors, Larry // Medical Economics;5/25/2011, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p77
The article discusses various investing strategies in profiting business. It notes three categories involving principle on investment, which are stocks and exchange-traded funds (ETFs), long and short strategies on markets, and long time frames and short time frames on market opportunities....
- BEWARE OF AMPED-UP ETFs. REVELL, JANICE // Fortune International (Europe);12/26/2011, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p114
In this article the author discusses financial dangers associated with exchange-traded funds (ETFs), funds that allow investors to increase market bets. She examines the use of derivatives to increase daily returns of an index in leveraged ETFs, and points out that these ETFs reset on a daily...
- Gold Bullion Versus Coins. ERSKINE, MATTHEW F. // On Wall Street;Apr2011, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p52
The author advises individuals who are interested in buying gold. He cites various ways of investing in gold which include buying an exchange-traded fund that holds gold directly, buying companies that mine and refine gold, and buying gold coins in the form of bullion or numismatics. He also...
- Plans into action. // Money (Australia Edition);Apr2005, Issue 3, p54
Offers tips for investors who belong to the age group 25 to 34. Benefits of home ownership; Ways to accelerate wealth creation; Use of exchange-traded options. INSET: A 30-year plan.
- FROM FOOTBALL TO FINANCIAL PLAN. Brown, Carmen // Black Enterprise;Nov2005, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p85
The article discusses the actions taken by former football player Forey Duckett to improve his family's financial portfolio. The financial goals of Forey and his wife, Janie Duckett, are discussed. David Norman, financial adviser with Smith Barney, advised the couple to invest in exchange traded...
- Thick or Thin? Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Nov2007, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p135
The article cites thin trading as a factor that should be considered by financial planners and clients before investing in an exchange-traded fund (ETF). It reveals that only three ETFs have average daily trading volumes over 100 million shares. It explains the concept of spread sheets. It...
- ETFs Surpass Mutual Funds in Popularity. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2015, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on a study conducted by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) Research and Practice Institute which revealed that financial advisers use or recommend exchange-traded funds (ETF) with their clients. Topics discussed include attributions to the popularity of ETF and the...