The Economics of Buying a More Fuel-Efficient Automobile: An Interactive Analysis
- Market for hybrid trucks, buses surging across trucking industry. // Bulk Transporter;Jul2010, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p15
The article cites a report from Pike Research which shows that manufacturers have increased development of hybrid electric and hydraulic hybrid drive-trains for the medium- and heavy-duty truck segments, which promise a reduction in fuel consumption between 5% and 50% depending on design.
- Hybrids Pick Up the Paice. Kobe, Gerry // Automotive Industries;Jun2002, Vol. 182 Issue 6, p14
Provides information on Paice Hyperdrive, a high-voltage hybrid drive system invented by Alex Severinsky. Discussion on fuel economy of automobiles; Development of the hybrid system prototype; Features and capacity of the battery controller developed by Paice Corp.
- Green Machines. Eisenstein, Paul // Professional Engineering;8/14/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p33
Focuses on the developments in hybrid-electric vehicles (HEV) that could transform the car market and dramatically improve the environment. Features of HEV; Reduction in carbon dioxide emissions; Improvement in fuel economy; Hydraulic power assist systems.
- Hybrid vehicle power management modeling and refinement. Boukehili, A.; Zhang, Y.; Zhao, Q.; Ni, C.; Su, H.; Huang, G. // International Journal of Automotive Technology;Oct2012, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p987
The power management strategy in many hybrid vehicles is based on expert rules and thresholds. These rule-based strategies can result in good efficiency in term of fuel economy and emissions if their thresholds and rules are accurate. However, due to the complexity and the non-linearity of the...
- Fuel consumption of fuel cell hybrid vehicles considering battery SOC differences. Zheng, C.; Park, Y.; Lim, W.; Cha, S. // International Journal of Automotive Technology;Oct2012, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p979
Fuel cell hybrid vehicles (FCHVs) have become one of the most promising candidates for future transportation due to current energy supply problem and environmental problem. Fuel economy is an important factor in FCHVs. In order to properly evaluate the fuel economy of an FCHV, the initial...
- Model predictive control dedicated to an electrified auxiliary in HEV/PHEV. Khoa Duc NGUYEN; BIDEAUX, Eric; PHAM, Minh-Tu; LE BRUSQ, Philippe // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 532, p50
Auxiliary electrification in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) represents a promising solution in energy management of vehicle. The work presented in the following paper focuses on the design of a controller able to reduce the electrical energy consumption...
- Low fuel prices tank Allisonâ€™s hybrid line. Orr, Susan // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/7/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 37, p3A
The article discusses the hybrid propulsion systems and commercial vehicles manufacturer Allison Transmission Holdings tension on the fall in the prices of fuel. The company specialized in the production of the hybrid trucks and buses is now worried on the hybrids market. The company informs on...
- Clean Running. Karolefski, John // Beverage World;6/15/2008 Supplement, pS17
The article reports on the emergence of green innovations in the trucking industry. Being eco-friendly nowadays is an operational reality across all facets of the distribution business, especially the truck fleet. More fuel-efficient vehicles, new hybrids, and advanced refrigeration are examples...
- Transportation sector energy consumption. // International Energy Outlook;Sep2011, p119
The article offers information on the consumption of energy in the transportation sector, where the demand for liquid fuels is expected to increase rapidly in the next 25 years. It states that in developing countries, there has been an increase in urbanization and personal income, therefore, the...