Observer: STATS & FACTS
- Webcast Dispels Retirement Planning Myths. // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p47
The article offers information on the "Make Your Money Last: Shattering the Top 5 Retirement Planning Myths" webcast to be hosted by Northwestern Mutual in the U.S. on March 5, 2013.
- Could retiree work necessity help ease driver shortage? Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;7/14/2015, p9
The article discusses the highlights of an annual survey titled "2015 Planning and Progress Study" conducted by insurance company Northwestern Mutual to determine the retirement expectations of working Americans. Topics covered include the identified contributing factors that delay involuntary...
- Webcast Dispels Retirement Planning Myths. // Plan Advisor News;2013, p46
The article reports that Northwestern Mutual will host the webcast "Make Your Money Last: Shattering the Top 5 Retirement Planning Myths," to dispel the five retirement planning myths as part of the "Planning for Success" series.
- How much is a buck worth to you? Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;4/9/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p11
Discusses the result of the survey conducted by the Northwestern Mutual on saving priorities among consumers in the U.S. Range of household income among the respondents; Observation of irrational financial decisions among professionals; Preferences of physicians in saving a percentage of their...
- THE LONG TOMORROW. Stanley, Michael K. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;Feb2013, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p32
The article focuses on the solution being offered by Northwestern Mutual life and annuity products, in which longevity risk is an important factor to consider in retirement plan. Vice president Phil Michalowski says that annuities should be used to protect the consumers against all aspects of...
- Most Not Prepared for Long Lives. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p158
The article reveals that 56 percent of Americans believe that they are financially ready to live to the age of 75, according to research from Northwestern Mutual. According to the author, Northwestern Mutual's "2013 Planning & Progress Study" found that 44 percent said that they are ready to...
- Americans Find Conversations About Finances Difficult. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Advisor News;2014, p90
The article reports that according to Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co.'s 2014 Planning and Progress Study, a large number of Americans find it difficult to have conversations about financial issues. The study found that 42 percent of American adults have not spoken to anyone about their...
- Northwestern Mutual Offers New Retirement Income Solutions to Navigate Longevity Risk. // Insurance Broadcasting;10/ 2/2014, p1
Provides additional choices for retirement savings outside IRAs and 401(k)s to help individuals build their own pension
- Millennials Expect to Work Past Retirement Age. Couch, Noel // Plan Sponsor News;2015, p100
The article discusses the future retirement of the Millennial. Topics discussed include the expectation of working beyond age 65, safety nets and Social Security, and the research conducted by investment firm Northwestern Mutual. It also mentions the financial goals and saving over spending...