- As Dow Jones heads toward 5,000, experts warn of bumps along the way. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;2/27/95, Vol. 87 Issue 63, p1
Presents warnings by market observers on possible fluctuations in the stock market following the crossing of the 4,000 points mark by the Dow Jones industrial average. Investor reaction to the uplift in the Dow; Influence of interest rates on the stock market; Expectations of a rise in the Dow...
- Is the stock market overvalued? // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun98, p5
Presents information on Standard and Poor's Corporation 500 stock index. Speculation over whether the stock market is overvalued; Details on the adjustments made to this index; Details on the earnings of Standard and Poor; Information on the ratio of stock prices to nominal Gross National...
- Volatile stock market a myth for past 3 years. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;6/12/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p6
Reports that the stock market has become less volatile for the past three years, according to David L. Babson & Co. Inc. Spread between the high and low on the Standard & Poor's 500 Stock Index from 1992 to 1994; Stability of overall market since 1990; Performance of Stratus Computer's stocks.
- Has the market hit bottom? // Dow Theory Forecasts;10/1/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 40, p3
Provides updates on the U.S. stock market from 1998 to 2001. Maintenance of recommended cash positions; Decrease in small-stock indexes; Details on near-term earnings.
- Bullish case under attack. // Dow Theory Forecasts;6/17/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the performance of stock markets in the U.S. as of June 2002. Use of the Dow theory; Market trends in the industrials and transports; Stock price index.
- Crucial earnings season approaches. // Dow Theory Forecasts;6/24/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the performance of the U.S. stock market as of June 24, 2002. Volatility of stocks; Cash position; Stock price index.
- Price and volume effects associated with changes in the Dow Jones average. Polonchek, John; Krehbiel, Tim // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Winter94, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p305
Discusses the price and volume responses associated with changes in the roster of the Dow Jones Industrial and Transportation Averages. Changes in the rosters of the Standard and Poor's stock indices; Event period abnormal returns.
- MARKET WATCH. // Orange County Business Journal;06/10/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p14
Provides stock market indexes in the United States as of June 10, 2002. Companies whose stocks posted gains; Companies whose stocks posted losses.
- WWDstock market index for February 20. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/21/96, Vol. 171 Issue 35, p2
Presents the stock market index for the clothing and textile industries in the United States for February 20, 1996.