Mitchell Hutchins Renamed Brinson Advisors
- UBS Renames PaineWebber Unit. Hunter, Matthew // American Banker;2/22/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 36, p9
Reports that PaineWebber investment management subsidiary Mitchell Hutchins Asset Management Inc. has been renamed Brinson Advisors Inc. UBS Asset Management's direct control of Brinson; Purchase of PaineWebber in November 2000 by Swiss bank UBS; Brinson's focus on delivering investment...
- Ex-treasurer of Maine hired by PaineWebber. // American Banker;05/21/97, Vol. 162 Issue 97, p5
Announces the appointment of Samuel D. Shapiro as head of Mitchell Hutchins Asset Management Inc. Job responsibilities.
- Mitchell Hutchins Looking to Outsource Five of Its Muni Funds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/13/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30995, p7
Reports on the plan of Mitchell Hutchins Asset Management Inc. to outsource management on 19 of its 25 mutual funds. Management of affluent retail and institutional markets; Focus on three core areas.
- Mitchell Hutchins Asset Mgmt. (PaineWebber). // Bond Buyer;12/14/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30787, Mutual Fund Directory p45
Features investment company Mitchell Hutchins Asset Management Inc. Largest portfolio managers; Total assets under management; Total municipal assets under management; Number of funds; Number of municipal funds; Investment outlook; Top funds ranked by total return.
- PaineWebber Asset Unit Narrows Its Focus. Hunter, Matthew // American Banker;10/16/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 198, p9
Reports that Mitchell Hutchins Asset Management Inc. has given up direct management of most of its mutual funds. Areas of business on which the company plans to focus; Funds that it continues to manage; Intention to develop a subadvisory business.
- Amid Credit Crunch, LBO Firms Pursue Add-Ons. Abejo, Jerry // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/10/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the decline in the value of private equity (PE) deals from the second to the third quarters of 2007, according to UBS Financial Services. There is a possibility that financial buyers will adopt an add-on acquisition strategy. The advantages of such a strategy are cited....
- UBS Buys Key Bank's McDonald. // Bank Investment Consultant;Nov2006, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p10
The article provides updates on the acquisition of KeyCorp company of regional broker-dealer McDonald Investments Inc. in the U.S. in 1998. After attempting to integrate traditional brokerage into retail branches, the bank holding re-instituted its retail investment division. It sold McDonald's...
- UBS sets sights on upgrade of its suburban branches. Turner, Shawn A. // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p9
The article reports on the New York-based company, UBS Financial Services, which has acquired the branch network of McDonald Investments Inc., and is going to get to work on physically expanding some of the local offices. The company has earmarked branches in Beachwood and Hudson for...
- KeyCorp, UBS Close McDonald Retail Deal. Mazzucca, Tim // American Banker;2/12/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 29, p22
The article reports that KeyCorp, the $92 billion asset Cleveland, Ohio company, completed the sale of its McDonald Investments, a 51-branch network retail business, to UBS' American wealth management unit, UBS Financial Services Inc. KeyCorp will retain McDonald's investment banking and capital...