Chasing Higher Yields, Putnam Shifts Investment Strategy
- Vermont Snags Putnam. Collings, Richard // Investment Management Weekly;1/28/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, pN.PAG
Reports on the selection of Boston, Massachusetts-based Putnam Investments Inc. by Vermont State Retirement System in Montpelier, Vermont to handle an international equity portfolio. List of finalists; Details of the system's investment activities.
- Putnam creates package for filing taxes. Holliday, Kalen // American Banker;2/24/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 37, p13
Reports on Putnam Investments' package for filing taxes. Combination of tax-reporting material into one simplified package; Mailing out of a tax filing handbook to its shareholders.
- Putnam unveils newsletter. Williams, Fred; Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;09/15/97, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p31
Reports on the defined contribution participant newsletter introduced by Putnum Investments in conjunction with the publisher of Time Magazine. Information on the newsletter.
- Putnam starts new fund; closes one. Jedlicka, John J. // High Yield Report;03/09/98, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on the closing of a high yield fund by Putnam Investments in 1997 with emphases on the creation of another in order to meet market demand. Reasons surrounding the closure of the fund; Details on the market capitalization of the fund; Views of portfolio manager, Jennifer Leichter.
- Putnam's Lasser: Fund industry's top earner. Taub, Stephen // Financial World;5/20/96, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the financial performance of Putnam Investments for fiscal 1995. Putnam chairman and chief executive Lawrence Lasser as the mutual fund industry's highest paid executive; Company's strong investment performance in 1995; Comparison with other mutual funds in the United States.
- Putnam said to split job of bank fund sales chief. Holliday, Kalen // American Banker;1/27/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the decision of Putnam Investments to hire two executives to handles their mutual fund sales to replace its former head Michell T. Grant. Appointment of John L. Bartlett; Putnam as one of the top sellers of funds through banks; Expansion of the responsibilities of mutual fund heads;...
- Putnam sends account updates to banks and brokers on CDs. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;5/1/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 83, p13
Reports that Putnam Investments has launched a paperless program to get mutual fund statements and investment information to clients as soon as possible. Savings from mailing paper; Availability of financial information in a Web site address.
- Wyoming Funds Firm, Seeks Director. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;3/4/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p3
Reports the funding of Putnam Investments by the Wyoming Retirement System.
- Putnam Opens Office in China. // Research;Jul2012, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p22
The article reports the inauguration of new office by the investment management company Putnam Investments in Beijing, China.