Higher Ed Board Meets Amid Tensions With Illinois Officials
- Univ. of Chicago Deal Readied After IHEFA-State Pact. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31228, p25
Focuses on the deal between the University of Chicago and the Illinois Higher Educational Facilities Authority. Resolution of conflict between the authority and the Bureau of Budget; Plans for sale of fixed rate bonds and variable rate paper; Aid for the construction of school and research...
- IEFA Green-Lights $250 Million Sale for Univ. of Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/31/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31689, p4
Reports on the approval granted by the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority to sell $250 million money bonds by the University of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois. Revenues generated through sale of these bonds; Reason for the sale of these bonds by the university; Possible effects of the...
- A Strained Relationship. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p1
Reports the dispute of between the office of Governor George Ryan and the Educational Facilities Authority over bond taxes in Chicago, Illinois. Causes of the rift according to several sources; Reaction of Ryan to the double tax-exemption; Views of the investors on the pricing scales of the...
- Unable to Issue New Bonds, Illinois Agency Carries on What Business It Can. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31147, p3
Reports on the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority's approval of Loyola University of Chicago's plans to convert taxable bonds to tax-exempt debt and University of Chicago Hospital's planned changes in its project financing. Other deals referred by the authority to other state agencies;...
- Illinois authority proposes changes for education bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30440, p3
Reports on the proposal by the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority for private nonprofit colleges to use tax-exempt bonds to finance construction projects outside the state. Plan to extend the authority's powers to include financing schools' working capital costs; Other related proposals;...
- Illinois EFA OKs second off-balance-sheet DePaul deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30666, p4
Reports that a not-for-profit company will sell several million dollars of its debt through the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority (EFA) as of July 1999 to fund a second project which is under development. University to which the properties of the company will be leased to after their...
- With cap repealed, University of Chicago to sell $217 million in tax-exempts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/01/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30404, p53
Reports on Chicago, Illinois-based University of Illinois' sale of about $217 million of revenue bonds through the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority. Selection of First Chicago Capital Markets and Loop Capital Markets Inc. as co-managers for the deal; Background on the deal.
- Official Notices: Bond Rates, Meetings, Notices and Announcements. // Minnesota State Register;7/2/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p20
The article offers information on official notices of Minnesota which communicates about important state meetings, issuance of bonds, and other announcements.
- Fed official calls for QE end. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/ 9/2013, pA02
Philadelphia Fed Pres. Plosser said the central bank's bond-buying program was no longer effective, and that tapering should have begun at the Sept. policy meeting. Delaying the taper, which surprised markets, was a deviation from previous guidance, he added.