Rebounding Honolulu Ready to Sell $150 Million in GOs Tuesday
- ASAE'S ANNUAL: Aloha and Mahalo, Hawaii. // Association Management;Oct2003, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p10
Highlights the annual meeting of the American Society of Association Executives in Honolulu, Hawaii on August 23â€“26, 2003. Number of participants; Themes of education sessions; Contribution of the congress to the local economy. INSET: ASAE Board Takes Action.
- As Recession Goes on, So Does the List of Bonding Plans. Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;1/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31312, p37
Discusses the significance of bonds for the efforts of different states in the U.S. in order to cop up prevailing economic recession. Amount of revenue bonds which California's governor Gray Davis plans to issue for financing its projects; Plan of Georgia's governor to issue bonds for boosting...
- Moody's Drops Palm Beach Port Revenue Bonds to Junk. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;7/6/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33344, p3
The article reports on the decreased revenue bond ratings of the Port of Palm Beach in Bradenton, Florida, which reflects the ports volatile operations due to economic downturn.
- Diversification A Sound Strategy For Insurers. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/8/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p6
Looks at how insurance companies offset the effect of an economic recession in the United States by recalling credit issues of high yield bonds and commercial mortgages. Increase in stocks of insurance companies; What insurance companies cam do amid rising earnings and declining interest rates.
- Miami-Dade Wants $300M Deal Quickly, to Ease Economic Slump. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31238, p3
Reports the economic recession in Miami and Dade County in Florida. Estimate of the funds needed for economic recovery; Proposition of capital program and bond auction strategies; Identification of the sectors affected.
- S&P: Insurers Rode Out Recession Well, and Look Good Going Forward. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p29
Focuses on the impact of economic recession on the earnings of various bond insurers in the U.S. Level of capital planning; Increase of competition; Analysis on the revenue growth of several firms.
- Australia's October Reign. Iyer, Gayatri // Private Placement Letter;10/25/2010, p1
The article reports that in October 2010, Australian issuers have priced seven private placement deals in the U.S. which has brought the 2010 tally of Australian deals in the U.S. to 14. The increased number of deals has been credited to the liquidity in the U.S. market and also because the...
- As Southwest Resumes Business, It Uncovers Some Costly Plans. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31229, p1
Reports the approval of big bond packages by city and state governments despite the possibility of economic recession in the United States. Impact of the terrorist attack on the World; Passage of the final ballot language for a general obligation bond referendum; Use of the bond for road projects.
- GEKKO. Dizard, John // National Review;10/9/1995, Vol. 47 Issue 19, p31
The article presents opinions on business-related issues in the U.S. in 1995. It argues that the beginning of a recession has a negative effect on bonds. It presents outlook for the future of bankruptcy professionals.