NEWS IN BRIEF
- LatAm: Debt Buyback Mania. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/6/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p1
Presents information on debt buybacks of Latin American countries in 2006. Plan of Brazil to call all of its remaining Brady bonds in April 2006; Move of Mexico to swap bonds maturing between 2007 and 2033 for a new benchmark sovereign; Amount of Latin American buybacks as of March 2006.
- Managers like debt of emerging markets. Price, Margaret // Pensions & Investments;9/6/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the sale of emerging-market bonds. Yields; Money managers gearing up in emerging bond markets; Pace of pension fund investments in international bonds; Size of the overall emerging debt market; Dominance of American dollar denominated securities.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. McKaig, Ryan; Floyd, Daniel F.; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;04/26/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31126, p2
Reports developments on the financial market of the United States as of April 2001. Increase in sales of single-family houses; Plans of the US Treasury Department to conduct a debt buyback operation; Bond rating of Standard & Poor for NYU Health Obligated Group.
- Colombia Tops Off Latin Buybacks. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/6/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p14
Reports that the Colombian government is following the trend of paying down liabilities ahead of its forthcoming legislative and presidential elections in March and May 2006 respectively, to launch a buyback offer of external debt. Bonds included in the offer; Factor that minimizes the exchange...
- Improving The Debt Profile. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Jan2006, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the efforts of the Argentine government to improve its international debt profile in 2006. In November 2005, the government has announced its plans to buy back up to U.S. $318 million worth of bonds in a bid to shore up market confidence and to improve its debt profile....
- Ecuador: Is This Good News? // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/8/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p16
The article looks at the debt problem facing Ecuador in 2007. According to future economy minister Ricardo PatiÃ±o, the country may pursue a debt buyback instead of defaulting on its debt obligations. With the statement, markets reacted positively and the US Global 30 bond edged up from 74.00...
- Definitions and applications of basic investment mathematics: Complex bonds and hybrid securities. Masson, Dubos J. // Journal of Corporate Treasury Management;May2010, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p265
This is the third in a series of four papers that discuss the definitions and applications in the area of basic investment mathematics. This particular paper provides an overview of the mathematics involved in the pricing and valuation of complex bonds and hybrid securities, such as...
- Why do Companies Issue Convertible Bond Loans? An Empirical Analysis for the Canadian Market. Loncarski, Igor; ter Horst, Jenke; Veld, Chris // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Sep2008, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p214
To identify issuer motives, we study the determinants of announcement effects of convertible debt issues in the Canadian market. Classified into equity- and debt-like, wealth effects are significantly more negative for equity-like convertible bond issuers. Equity-like convertibles are...
- Convertibles Look Sharp to HY Investors. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/25/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p21
This article discusses the growing popularity of convertible bonds among junk investors in the U.S. in 2010. It expects this popularity to continue in 2011. However, it warns about the impact of the expectation of increased equity returns among traditional bond investors on the popularity of...