CBOT OKs Changes to Index For Muni Futures Contracts
- Hedging with Mispriced Futures. Merrick Jr., John J. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Dec88, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p451
This paper analyzes the correspondence between arbitrage sector pricing efficiency and the short-term hedging costs and effectiveness of futures contracts. Reversals of initial contract mispricings by arbitrage sector trading leads to an important mispricing return component in the total return...
- The benefits of dynamically hedging the Toronto 35 stock index. Gagnon, Louis; Lypny, Greg // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar1997, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p69
Examines the hedging effectiveness of Toronto 35 index futures. Effect of application of dynamic strategy on risk reduction; Effects of static hedging strategies; Utility comparisons and economic significance of variances.
- Hedging with Floor-Traded and E-mini Stock Index Futures. Chien-Liang Chiu; Pei-Shan Wu; Chun-Da Chen; Wan-Hsiu Cheng // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Summer/Autumn2005, Vol. 44 Issue 3/4, p49
This study investigates the out-of-sample hedging effectiveness and dynamic hedge ratios of floor-traded and E-mini futures with VAR, ECM, bivariate GARCH, Kalman filter, and Markov regime switching in the S&P500 and Nasdaq-100 markets. The empirical results show that both the floor-traded and...
- Nothing average about it. O'Brian, Terry // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jan2001, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p36
Focuses on the beneficial information from moving averages. Stock traders' use of moving averages; Arguments in trading texts; Arguments against moving averages.
- Rolling your own intermarket index. Ruggiero Jr., Murray A. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jan2001, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p56
Focuses on the benefits from developing an index of related markets as a prediction tool in futures in the United States. Discretionary and systematic traders' use of intermarket analysis; Prediction tool for T-bond trading system.
- Better than average. Bisset, Susan // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May2001, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p64
Part I. Deals with a type of trading system called moving average (MA) system. Emphasis on the average of a set number of periods' prices; Good indicators of support/resistance levels; Most popular MA system for beginning traders. INSET: System analysis: MA crossover, by James T. Holter.
- Futures traders shun Osaka's Nikkei contract. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;11/28/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p16
Reports on the decrease in trading on the Nikkei 225 stock index futures contract by financial managers in Japan. Increase in market share f the Singapore International Monetary Exchange Ltd. (SIMEX); Comparison of trading volume on three indexes; Expense and restrictions of trading in the...
- The new FT-SE 100 contracts. // Accountancy;Jun84, Vol. 95 Issue 1090, p33
Discusses the implications of the May 1984 launch of traded options and futures contracts linked to the Financial Times-Stock Exchange (FT-SE) 100 share index to investors. Provision of opportunity to investors to protect their portfolios against a sudden move in the market; Determination of...
- Manipulation Prevention and Hedging Effectiveness: Optimal Settlement Window Design for CSI 300 Stock Index Futures. Jun, Song; Rui, Luo // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;
We empirically evaluate the current 120-minute settlement window for China Securities Index 300 Stock Index Futures. We assume that an exchange chooses the optimal settlement window to maximize its profit by increasing its revenue from trading volume and by curtailing its surveillance...