TO TAIWAN AND BACK: A TURBULENT HISTORY
- VPT plans Rs. 600cr twin road infra ventures. // FRPT- Infrastructure Snapshot;2/8/2016, p6
The article reports that the Visakhapatnam Port Trust (VPT) is planning to invest in twin road infrastructure and has submitted the proposal to the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI).
- Tchoupitoulas construction edges toward completion. Hall // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/25/99, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p34
No abstract available.
- Port of Cochin project will facilitate more trucks. // World Trade;Mar2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p16
The article reports that India's Public Investment Board has approved construction of a four-lane road connecting to the Port of Cochin. The $124 million project will help expedite truck traffic at the port. At the same time, the Port of Cochin is developing an offshore container terminal, the...
- Israel's highways for peace. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/27/93, Vol. 231 Issue 13, p9
Reports on Israel's plans to spend billions on road improvements and port and airport expansion. Plans to build roads to the country's Arab neighbors; Roads leading to Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and Europe; Highways leading to Elat and Amman; Improvements on Mediterranean ports; Plans to build a...
- Bubiyan seaport tenders to be issued in first half of 2009. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/28/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 48, p18
The article reports that the Bubiyan seaport project in Bubiyan Island, Kuwait was offered to start the construction packages of its phase two at the first half of 2009 by the Public Works Ministry. It mentions that the phase two will be made up of not less than three design-and-build packages...
- Port refinances bond; moves ahead with Peshastin road. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 10, pA4
Reports on the amount of the bond issues used for the construction of roads at the Port of Chelan County, Washington. Approval of the Chelan County Board of Commissioners on the project; Selection of real estate contractors; Impact of the road construction project in the economic growth of the...
- Connecting the port at Sagar Island. // Maritime Gateway;Jan2016, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses the plans to upgrade the Diamond Harbour Road or National Highway-117 and the National Highway-35 (NH-35) between Barasat, India and Petrapole, India to ensure better port connectivity and greater regional cooperation.
- State of highways bodes poorly for ports. Singletary, Mark // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/31/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p3
The author reflects on the need to take care of their port systems. He argues that the problems in the ports and airports lies on the management and supervision of Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD). He also questions the dedication of DOTD to respond on major road...
- U.S. growers should benefit from Mexico's improving infrastructure. // Southwest Farm Press Exclusive Insight;5/4/2012, p2
The article reports on a project funded by the U.S. government called the Southern Gulf-Guatemala Strategic Corridor, which will link ports and distribution outlets in the U.S. and in Central America. The project will involve the construction of improved and modernized four-lane highways, port...