- Three-way claim to Dutch painting. Lufkin, Martha // Art Newspaper;Jun2009, Vol. 18 Issue 203, p14
The article reports on the dispute over the painting "The Bend on Herengracht," by Gerrit Berckheyde. Art collector and investor Louis Reijtenbagh used the painting as collateral for loans from J.P. Morgan Chase and ABN Amro. The Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, Netherlands, which acquired the work...
- Saisies de tableaux chez un multimillionnaire. // Beaux Arts Magazine;jul2009, Issue 301, p24
The article focuses on the fact that the Dutch bank ABN-AMRO seized 60 paintings out of the collection of multimillionaire Louis Reijtenbagh. According to the article, Reijtenbagh had taken loans in several banks, giving these paintings as a security. The financial services firm J.P. Morgan is...
- Blog commenters offer views on survey aimed at keeping defaulted participants from defaulting on retirement savings goals. BUTLER, KELLY M. // Employee Benefit News;Oct2010, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p48
The article discusses how defaulted participants can be kept away from defaulting on retirement savings goals. According to a report by J.P. Morgan Asset Management researchers, defaulted participants have lower salaries; a large number of defaulted participants take loans; and most of them...
- Early-Stage Late Pays Buck Trend. Lepro, Sara // American Banker;4/16/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F314, p8
This article discusses data that shows an increase in early-stage delinquencies for a small number of card issuers, including JPMorgan Chase & Co., Discover Financial Services and Bank of America.
- JPMorgan Chase Slashing 600 Mortgage Jobs. Todd, Sarah // American Banker;8/16/2013, Vol. 178 Issue F332, p149
The article reports that the financial firm JPMorgan Chase terminated 600 mortgage banking workers at its offices in South Carolina and Colorado in response to a decrease in refinancing demand and a drop in the number of mortgage defaults.
- Default Rate Could Drop to 4% in 2010. // High Yield Report;1/11/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p29
The article reports on the possible decline in speculative-grade default rate for U.S. bonds and loans in 2010 according to analysts after a decline in December 2009. JPMorgan analysts forecast default rates for high yield bonds and loans at 4% by the end of the year through 2011. But Standard &...
- JPMorgan Sues Bankrupt Charter. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;4/6/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p19
This article reports on the decision of J.P. Morgan to file a lawsuit against bankrupt Charter Communications, claiming it defaulted on its debt. The U.S. bank asked a bankruptcy court judge to recognize that Charter had violated loan covenants. It claimed that the loan agreement stipulated that...
- Charter Sued By Agent Bank. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;4/6/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p8
This article reports on a lawsuit filed by J.P. Morgan against Charter Communications, claiming the U.S. cable television system provider defaulted on its debt. The agent bank claimed that a loan represented a default because Charter Communications Holdings was no longer able to pay its debt...
- JPM Is Hiring N.Y. Area Loan Officers. // American Banker;4/16/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F314, p5
This article reports that JPMorgan Chase & Co. plans to hire 300 local mortgage loan officers in the next six months in the New York area to serve in their New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut branches.