Back From the Brink
- The waiting game: Can Greentown China evade bankruptcy? // China Economic Review (13506390);Jun2012, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p22
The article focuses on Greentown China Holdings Ltd., which is one of the biggest companies to be at risk due to restriction on mortgages and purchases in China. The company's overall debt has increased to 195 percent by the end of the year 2011 and informs of collecting 591 million U.S. dollars...
- HIGH YIELD SECONDARY GAINERS & LOSERS. // Leveraged Finance News;5/7/2012, Vol. 2 Issue 19, p10
A chart is presented which shows the high yield bond performance of secondary gainers and losers from April 2, 2012 to May 5, 2012 including Greentown China Holdings Ltd., Agile Property Holdings Ltd., and GFI Group Inc.
- CITY WATCH. // Contract Journal;1/12/2005, Vol. 426 Issue 6507, p8
Presents a tabular representation of the stock prices of contractors, housebuilders and suppliers in Great Britain as of January 12, 2005.
- Home-builder hammered by fears of a bubble. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;8/29/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p4
The article presents information about Hovnanian Enterprises Inc. Last month, shares of the big house-builder hit a record $73.20, more than 20 times the $3 they fetched in 2000. But just like the housing market's rise, Hovnanian's long run looks like it may be coming to an end. In the last...
- Fairbriar staff are transferred. // Contract Journal;2/4/2004, Vol. 422 Issue 6461, p7
Presents an update on the turnover of residential property developer Fairbriar in the year to September 30, 2003. Step to be taken by the group in a bid to restore its share price; Expectations on the work in progress of Fairbriar; Debts of the group in 2003.
- CITY WATCH. // Contract Journal;1/26/2005, Vol. 426 Issue 6509, p10
Reports on the stock prices of several contractors, housing developers and construction industry suppliers in Great Britain as of January 26, 2005. Carillion; Fairbriar; Wolseley.
- UNHEALTHY OBSESSIONS. // Electrical Wholesaling;Sep2006, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p3
The author reflects on the news regarding the interest of Home Depot Supply with the electrical market and the changes in the home-building market. According to the author, the impact of Home Depot Supply to the electrical market can not be discounted. On the other hand, the author stated that...
- Business news. // Contract Journal;3/16/2005, Vol. 427 Issue 6516, p9
Presents news briefs on the construction industry in Great Britain as of March 2005. Turnover growth of T Clarke in 2004; Tabular representation of the weekly share price movements in the industry; Launch of a range of affordable homes by Redrow.
- EG EYE. // Estates Gazette;9/8/2007, Issue 736, p67
The article covers issues on the real estate sector in Great Britain as of September 2007. A report from John Calcutt, chief executive of English Partnerships, suggests that planning permissions are granted on the basis that the homes must be completed rather than started within the statutory...