- Financial services: Shaken but resilient. Chia, Emily // Enterprise Innovation;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p18
The article focuses on the recovery of the financial service sector in the Asia Pacific region after the global financial crisis. It mentions that financial institutions will maintain their information technology (IT) investment principles by optimizing IT assets, strengthening infrastructures,...
- Novel Treaty-Based Approaches to Resolving International Investment and Tax Disputes in the Asia-Pacific Region. BURCH, MICAH; NOTTAGE, LUKE // Australian International Law Journal;2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p127
Trade and investment treaties have proliferated throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Their dispute resolution mechanisms are important in entrenching market access commitments, especially when providing for direct claims by firms against States. However, the 'Global Financial Crisis' has also...
- REAL ESTATE. // Journal of Business (10756124);2010 Market Fact Book, p22
The article presents an overview of the real estate industry in Spokane and Kootenai counties in Washington. Both continued to be hit hard by economic crisis in 2009, wherein commercial construction and office vacancy rates rose significantly in the said period. Moreover, home sales decreased by...
- Making lemonade out of lemons. Norton, William // New Hampshire Business Review;7/31/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p32
The author comments on the impact of ongoing economic crisis on real estate businesses in New Hampshire.
- Poland's economic strength pushes office yields down. // EuroProperty;8/2/2010, p3
The article reports on the property market of Poland as international investors are attracted to the only European country not to have slumped into recession.
- Good Market? Bad Market? Who Cares? Greenberg, Stephen // Origination News;Dec2014, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p1
In this article the author comments that market prediction does not help in real state business while giving example of 2008 market crash and highlights that market fluctuations are normal and one should able to perform to serve clients in any environment.
- Pacific Basin: Restoring U.S. economic leadership. Heginbotham, Erland // Business Economics;Apr94, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p7
Examines the economic growth of nations located in the Pacific Basin. China's leadership in Basin growth; Industrial nation demand; Challenges and hazards ahead; Intra-Asian economic complementaries; Chinese and Vietnamese reforms; Significance for United States business and labor; United...
- The Pacific Rim. // Junior Scholastic;3/8/96, Vol. 98 Issue 14, p13
Presents information on the Pacific Rim. Information on number of imports and exports in specific countries.
- Winning in the Asian era. Kotkin, J.; Kishimoto, Y. // Inc.;Sep88, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p71
Today, the world's economic center lies not along either side of the Atlantic, but among the cities and states of the Pacific Rim, which account for an increasingly large share of international commerce. Examines the shift in power from the Atlantic to the Pacific and the opportunities these...