An Interview with Carlos Ghosn, President of Nissan Motors, Ltd. and Industry Leader of the Year (Automotive News, 2000)
- Ghosn: Renault-Nissan alliance will strengthen. // Automotive News;10/23/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5900, p36H
Interviews Carlos Ghosn, president of automaker Nissan Motor Co. Ltd., about the company's alliance with Renault. Renault's purchase of stake in Nissan; Future of alliance; Merger moves of the companies in Western Europe; Car platform to be built in Sunderland, England; Decline in Nissan sales...
- Ghosn: One group will emerge from Renault-Nissan alliance. // Automotive News Europe;10/09/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 21, p6
Interviews Nissan president, Carlos Ghosn. Relationship of Renault with Nissan; Planned merger of the two companies; Car platform that will be built at Nissan's factory in Sunderland, England.
- Ghosn: 'Reward is really worth all the effort'. // Automotive News;9/25/2006, Vol. 81 Issue 6222, p39
The article presents an interview with Carlos Ghosn, CEO of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and Renault SA. When asked about getting the middle management of General Motors Corp. into confidence, Ghosn refers to his efforts to win the trusts of Renault and Nissan only. He referred to the co-operative...
- Chief aims to improve Nissan's agility. Treece, James B.; Yamaguchi, Yuzo // Automotive News Europe;11/15/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p16
Interviews Carlos Ghosn, CEO of Renault and Nissan, about the problems and outlook of Nissan. Reason for increasing sales forecasts in the U.S. and downgrading estimates for Europe under the Nissan 180 plan, as of November 2004; Key element for the improvement of quality of Nissan in the U.S.;...
- Nissan, Renault combine their purchasing power. Treece, James B. // Automotive News;3/19/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5921, p14
Reports the merger between Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and Renault SA for the handling of purchasing parts and services in Tokyo, Japan. Percentage for the global purchasing power of both companies; Reduction of the parts purchasing costs for Nissan; Use of shared class platforms by carmakers.
- Platform-sharing with the French. // AutoWeek;04/05/99, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p4
Reports on Renault SA's acquisition of a stake in Nissan Motor Corp. Impact on companies' business operations.
- Renault, Nissan deal could help and hinder both automakers' globalization plans. Wielgat, Andrea; McClellan, Barbara // Ward's Auto World;Apr99, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p15
Discusses the implications of the planned merger of Renault SA and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. Rank of the combined companies in worldwide vehicle sales; Potential pitfalls in the agreement; Amount of Nissan's consolidated debt; Role of cultural issues; Renault's history with mergers and acquisitions.
- Renault, Nissan Tighten Embrace. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Dec2001, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p25
Reports on the consolidation of Renault and Nissan Motor. Stake holding of Renault in Nissan; Result of the reserved capital increase on the stake of the French government in Renault; Business plan of Renault and Nissan.
- Now the dealer alliancea begins. Farhi, Stephane; Johnsons, Richard // Automotive News Europe;11/08/99, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the plan of Renault SA and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. to begin consolidating their dealer networks in Europe. Purpose of the consolidation; Role of the Global Alliance Committee in the plan; How will Renault benefit from the consolidation.