International Mergers and Acquisitions Special Issue
- An Interview with Carlos Ghosn, President of Nissan Motors, Ltd. and Industry Leader of the Year (Automotive News, 2000). Emerson, Victoria // Journal of World Business;Spring2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p3
The article presents an interview with Carlos Ghosn, an executive in the alliance partner Renault SA, who in July 1999 became president and COO of Nissan Motors Ltd., a company with huge strategic and financial problems. Ghosn discussed the underlying strategic and financial objectives behind...
- MassPort Acquires Airport. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;6/21/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33336, p9
The article reports on the acquisition of the Worcester Regional Airport by the Massachusetts Port Authority for 15.5 million dollars.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;10/18/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30998, p27
Reports developments concerning bonds in the Middle West. Includes, announcement of the Chicago Housing Authority on the financing of renovation plan; Merger between Ancilla Health Care and Saint Joseph's Regional Medical Center of South Bend; Threat of the Republicans on Mayor Bart Peterson...
- For the record. // Campaign;07/25/97, Issue 30, p16
Details the requirements of the Radio Authority for approving the merger of Capital and Virgin FM companies in Great Britain.
- Productivity of International Business Researchers: A Gender Analysis. Murray, Janet Y.; Chan, Kam C.; Hung-Gay Fung // Journal of the Academy of Business Education;Fall2010, Vol. 11, p131
We analyzed data on authors in four leading international business journals (International Business Review, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of World Business, and Management International Review) during 1995-2005. Our results showed that female authors were as productive as...
- The New Power Couple: Gart, Sports Authority Hook Up. Cart, Bob // Retail Merchandiser;Apr2003, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p6
Deals with merger of Gart Sports and The Sports Authority. Estimated market capital of the combined company; Number of stores of the combined company; Details on the merger deal.
- Sports Authority deal marries regional giants. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the merger of Sports Authority Inc. and Gart Sports. Terms of agreement; Benefits from the merger.
- Week in Review. // Travel Agent;7/07/2003, Vol. 313 Issue 3, p60
Reports developments in the global travel industry as of July 2003. Progress of the audit made by the Hawaii Tourism Authority to its largest contractor the Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau; Completion of the acquisition of Worldspan by Travel Transaction Processing Corp.; Launch of the...
- Woolworth's new deal not off to running start. Sanders, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;05/11/98, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p4
Focuses on the plans of Woolworth Corporation to acquire The Sports Authority, a sporting goods chain in Florida, in a stock transaction. Terms of the transaction; Stock performance of Woolworth following the announcement; Comment from Aram Rubinson, a retail analyst at PaineWebber company;...