Who's next for the top job?
- PART I. CHAPTER 1: WHAT IS SUCCESSION PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT? Rothwell, William J. // Effective Succession Planning;2005, p7
Chapter 1 of the book "Effective Succession Planning" is presented. It discusses the definition of succession planning and management (SP&M) and distinguishes it from replacement planning, workforce planning and human capital management. It highlights its importance and explains why...
- Effective Succession Planning. Saber, Terry; Thomas, Cheryl // Illinois Banker;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p22
The article presents information on some key factors for an effective succession planning. It is noted that many organizations struggle at creating a robust program that moves beyond a static list of names kept in a file although succession planning is not a new concept. It is mentioned that...
- ...Groom a No. 2 (or, Gasp, a Successor). Sauer, Patrick J. // Inc.;Oct2004, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p93
Presents tips for executives on developing a qualified successor. Advantages of external hiring; Implications of selecting a successor within the company; Benefits and disadvantages of selecting a successor.
- Six Succession Planning Myths Debunked. Condon, Tara Flynn // Business Credit;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 108 Issue 7, p33
The article discusses the six common myths about succession planning, that hinders the organization to create advance plans to ensure that it has highly qualified employees for future higher level vacancies. Those myths include the way of thinking that succession planning need not be a top...
- Recruiters charm the big money. Welch, Jilly // People Management;10/10/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p12
Reports that recruitment sectors in Great Britain are attracting interest from stock market investors keen to cash in on a profitable area of business. Factors that fueled the financial interest; Examples of recruitment advertising agencies that are using their greater financial muscle to...
- Working life. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Mar95, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p71
Narrates anecdotes related to the human resource development field. Includes new meaning for work deadlines; Experiences from retirement homes; Human side of corporate sexual harassment policies.
- Job-vacancy signs... Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the findings of a Robert Half International survey of chief financial officers (CFO) concerning their companies' employment plans for 1996.
- Don't let succession planning pave the way for discrimination. // HR Specialist: Ohio Employment Law;Feb2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p6
The article focuses on the creation of a successful succession planning within the workplace in order to avoid discrimination for older workers or the disabled which may lead to discrimination lawsuits. It says that a successful plan guarantees that the workforce of an employer is prepared to...
- Insurance Producers. Vietri, Michael J. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/29/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 40, p13
The article enumerates various considerations in the formulation of insurance producers succession model plan. It was stated that effective succession of producers requires long-term support and commitment from the producer, the possible successor and the firm management. Likewise, three target...