To win an award, you have to enter
- Shallow by design. Pearman, Hugh // Design Week;3/13/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p36
Argues that the BBC 2 television series 'Designing the Decades' does nothing to explain design. Show's focus on the obvious products; Voice-over done by actress Penelope Keith; Failure of anybody in the show to really engage with the act of design.
- Designing in Real Time. Calhoun, John // Entertainment Design;Nov2001, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p64
Describes the set design used for the television program '24' which will premier in the U.S. on November 6, 2001. Production designer; Colors used.
- Big payoff. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/5/93, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p27
Reveals that WISH-TV Indianapolis has given away the key to a house valued at upwards of $150,000 to a viewer of `Designing Women' who won a `watch and win' contest sponsored by the station. The newsletter `The Sugarbaker Scoop,' which details other local station promotional efforts; More.
- Television. Leonard, John // New York;2/13/95, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p107
Reviews the TV program `Nazi Designers of Death.'
- GONE WITH A WHIM. // Out;Mar2008, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p54
The article presents quotes on Southern living from the characters of the television program "Designing Women" including Charlene, Mary Jo, Julia and Suzanne.
- `Nature by Design'. Vittes, Laurence // Hollywood Reporter;3/9/95, Vol. 336 Issue 17, p138
Reviews the television program `Nature by Design.'
- What to Watch SATURDAY. Collis, Clark // Entertainment Weekly;5/29/2009, Issue 1049, p60
A schedule is presented of prime time television programs for May 30, 2009. "Primeval" is broadcast on the cable television network BBC America at 9 p.m. "Pushing Daisies" is broadcast on ABC at 10 p.m. "Pure Design" is broadcast on the cable television network HGTV at 11:30 p.m.
- Architects, decorators, artists stop being polite on new HGTV program. Sokol, David // Architectural Record;Aug2006, Vol. 194 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on the HGTV reality television program Design Star. The series features 10 designers compete in weekly residential-design challenges that force one elimination per episode. It will be hosted by Clive Pearse, while the panel of judges includes In Style magazine executive...
- Ready, steady drill. Rieden, Juliet // Australian Women's Weekly;Jul2011, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p214
The article previews several reality television shows airing in Australia in 2011 including "Top Design," "The Renovators," and "The Block."