Blair prompted fire debate
- Leader Biography/Photograph. // United Kingdom Country Review;2001/2002, p34
Profiles Prime Minister Tony Blair of Great Britain. Academic background; Career highlights.
- More Branson that Hanson. Oborne, Peter // Management Today;Aug1997, p42
Presents information on Tony Blair, prime minster of Great Britain, and how he manages the government. Comparison of Blair to a chief executive officer of a company; Establishment of his own authority; Business executives' views of Blair; Reasons for Blair's lack of interest in the Budget;...
- Blair: Now to find a role. // Christian Science Monitor;5/5/97, Vol. 89 Issue 111, p20
Focuses on Britain's Prime Minister, Tony Blair, who has to find a role, after being victorious in the May 1, 1997, elections. Theories Blair has at his disposal due to the landslide victory; Listing of potential historic changes Blair wish to leave as legacy for term `a new age of achievement';...
- A Labour leader like no other. Cox, David // New Statesman;03/14/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4325, p31
Compares the administration of Great Britain Prime Minister Tony Blair with his post World War II predecessors. Blair's unique detachment from the party; Weakness Blair shared by none of his post-war predecessors; Detachment from his predecessors' belief system in economic management, welfarism...
- Leader. // Public Finance;10/06/95, p6
Focuses on the need for British Prime Minister Tony Blair to turn his promises into actions. Reception accorded to Blair's speech; Lesson in the predicament of the government over former public monopolies; Assessment of the sale of the National Grid; Responsibility of Blair to protect the...
- What's left of the Labour leader? Kellner, Peter // New Statesman;10/28/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4611, p31
Reveals that British Prime Minister Tony Blair is closer to Tory voters than to his own supporters, according to a poll. Strength of his perceived ideological location; Percent of the Labour voters who think Blair is in the centre.
- Hail to the new nakedness! A glimpse of bare flesh tells us that a person has nothing to hide. Odone, Cristina // New Statesman;05/31/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4438, p24
Discusses the meaning of the clothing of British Prime Minister Tony Blair when he visited the Macedonian refugee camps. Implication of the dress code of Blair; Comments on how one's clothing could show honesty.
- The secret world of Tony Blair. Cockerell, Michael // New Statesman;02/14/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4473, p13
Offers observation on Great Britain Prime Minister Tony Blair. Speculations on Blair's personality; Reason he seemed so uncomfortable when taking about his faith; Political goal of Blair.
- The end of the affair? Kampfner, John // New Statesman;7/1/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4594, p18
Examines the career status of Great Britain Prime Minister Tony Blair as of July 2002. Billboard campaign created by M&C Saatchi for Blair; Survey of the attitude of voters toward Blair; Issues raised by the poll results.