Assaulted worker to appeal compensation
- Reckless Or Intentional Act, Cutting Off An Ear Can Be Either. // Insurance Advocate;5/12/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 18, p14
Discusses a lawsuit filed by a plaintiff to compel Royal Insurance Co. to pay a default judgment obtained against an insured who attacked the plaintiff and cut off his ear. Case background; Summary of the ruling.
- Black rights leader awarded damages. Trollope, Paul // Body Politic;Apr80, Issue 62, p12
Reports on the damages awarded to black civil rights lawyer Charles Roach for an assault on him by police constables in Toronto, Ontario on May 21, 1978. Amount awarded to Roach; Basis of the decision of Judge Marvin Zuker; Grounds to be used in the police appeal.
- SNAP NEWS. // NW;11/27/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p92
The article offers news about celebrities. Supermodel Naomi Campbell has been charged with assaulting actress Yvonne SciÃ² in a hotel. Television actress Ellen Pompeo is engaged to sound recording producer Chris Ivery. Actor Kevin Costner has won his legal battle after a court ordered he pay...
- Consultant, consult thyself. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p87
Focuses on the `Washington Post' reports on a man who was beaten to death in Honolulu, by his anger-management consultant.
- Criminalizing assault. Cretney, Antonia; Davis, Gwynn // British Journal of Criminology;Winter94, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p15
Studies the criminalization of assault in England. Reasons for reporting and nonreporting of assault; Distinction between reporting and complaining; Offense against society model of criminal justice; Application of the model at the court stage of the criminal process.
- Two men were arrested after allegedly squirting flammable liquid. Hanson, Cynthia; Bandrapalli, Suman // Christian Science Monitor;12/12/95, Vol. 88 Issue 12, p2
Informs about the arrest of two men for allegedly squirting flammable liquid into a New York subway booth as reported on December 13, 1995.
- NEW YORK: Man claims sexual assault by NYC cops. // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/30/2008, Issue 1088, p21
The article reports on the investigations made by the prosecutors about the allegations that five New York City police officers assaulted a tattoo parlor worker in New York City.
- Sudan: Women beaten for prostesting violence. Taflinger, Laura; C.A.D. // Off Our Backs;Jan98, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p6
Reports that Sudanese police viciously attacked a group of about 50 Sudanese women who were trying to deliver a plea for peace to the United Nations in early December, 1997. Indication that the women including an elderly, were brutally assaulted; Type of punishment which the women received;...
- Sisters attacked in Curaï¿½ao. Centeno, Chris Jai // Xtra (Toronto);5/7/2009, Issue 640, p13
The article reports that two women from Toronto, Ontario were attacked while vacationing in Curaï¿½ao, Netherlands Antilles.