Sofa stars come out to win DuPont accolades
- Product awards 1999: Motion upholstery. // Cabinet Maker;10/30/98, Issue 5112, p12
Highlights the recipients of the 1999 Product Awards for the motion upholstery category in the furniture industry in Great Britain. Radford Furniture Co. for its 12-motor massage recliner chair; Townsend Associates for introducing motion mechanisms into two- and three-seater sofas.
- NEW AT MARKET: STATIONARY UPHOLSTERY. // Furniture/Today;10/09/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p82
Features several furniture upholsteries from various manufacturers in the United States. Includes, products from Ashley Furniture; Finishes of sofas from Atlantic International Trade; Highlights of the Trinidad collection by Bassett Upholstery; Design of the Hues collection by Broyhill.
- Christie-Tyler duo win copying case. // Cabinet Maker;05/18/2001, Issue 5238, p3
Reports the court success of the case of Christie-Tyler firms Cambria Model and Pendragon against Mistral furniture company in Great Britain. Decision of the High Court on the copying of upholstery designs by Mistral from both firms; Claims of Mistral on the originality of the designs; Estimated...
- Casual styling, function driving occasional growth. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;12/31/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p36
The article reports on the redesign of occasional furniture in the U.S. It states that occasional furniture buyers will likely see more casual and relaxed designs in the category, linked more closely with upholstery frames and simpler living styles in the great room environment. It adds that it...
- Creating a feeling of grand opulence. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;11/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p32
The article presents the first part of a series about fabric-to-frame design and merchandising. An example of combination of fabric and frame with insight from the merchandiser on what makes the combination work is presented. Opulent fabrics, pairing of subtle Asian influences with stripes, mix...
- Traditional prints back with a bang at LDW. // Cabinet Maker;3/26/2004, Issue 5381, p6
Describes the designs of upholstery fabrics at the London Design Week from March 14-16, 2004. Dominant colors; Cole & Son; JAB Anstoetz; Fox Linton; Aim to promote optimism in an uncertain economic climate.
- Upholstery: Variety performance. // Cabinet Maker;2/17/2006, Issue 5476, p59
The article focuses on the increasing popularity of upholstered furniture in Great Britain. Companies that benefited with the new trend include Parker &Farr, Wade Upholstery, and Henderson Russell. These companies have focused more on the quality of fabrics and opulence. However, simpler designs...
- Ital Art Design plans to add to upholstery line in Vegas. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;7/5/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p2
The article reports that upholstery importer and manufacturer Ital Art Design will introduce an upholstery collection which include high-end fabrics, hardwood frames, and a shelter sofa, in the Las Vegas Market in August 2010.
- Market offers much to digest. // Furniture/Today;11/9/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p2
The article presents the author's views pertaining to the design and color of upholstery in the U.S. He states that those design and color really catches the attention of the customers and serves as a good reason for the purchase. He adds that many suppliers also integrate their music with their...